Senior Legal Adviser - British Council
Job Title: Senior Legal Adviser (for the English & Exams strategic business unit)
Client: The British Council
Location: London SW1A
Remuneration: Attractive salary & benefits package including 32 days annual holiday, pension & a range of family friendly policies
Role Purpose: To provide comprehensive, efficient and cost-effective legal advice to designated client functions and in support of organisation-wide legal issues, which identifies legal risks and informs decision-making.
Legal services are provided within the British Council through a small team within Corporate Affairs, supported as required by advice from external lawyers. In addition to external lawyers overseas, there is an outsourcing arrangement with a law firm in the UK to provide legal advise on transactional issues. The Legal team have oversight over the use of oursourcing arrangements. Direct support from the Legal team is focussed on business-critical core legal issues, including co-creation partnerships, conflict of laws/cross-border issues, legal status, oversight of major contracts and strategy for resolution of major disputes, where it is more effective to provide the advice internally.
This role provides direct support to designated Strategic Business Units (SBUs), corporate functions and the overseas network as delegated on a project by project basis.
Head of Legal (FTC of 18 months duration)
Job Title: Head of Legal
Client: British Council
Location: Spring Gardens, London SW1A
Status: Fixed Term Contract of 18 months duration
Package: circa £90,000 plus 32 days annual leave & statutory holidays and an impressive range of family friendly policies
Role purpose: To provide strategic oversight of global legal risk through:
- identifying the risks: both immediate and longer term; in the businesses and in the regions; and encompassing the nature of the organisation which is to work across a matrix, with partners in the UK and internationally, and with the UK governments.
- advising the CEO, Executive, Chair and Board on risks and advised mitigations
- ensuring a comprehensive, efficient and cost effective legal advisory service is provided across the British Council that protects and develops its interests to strengthen its cultural relations purpose.
Supply Chain Planner vacancy with Carrs Foods international
Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing.
Job Title: Supply Chain Planner (FMCG, international remit)
Client: Carrs Foods International (CFI)
Location: CFI HQ; Sharston Industrial Estate, M22 4BB
Remuneration: Competitive salary plus exceptional bonus & benefits package (inc flexible start time between 8am-10am)
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
- Plan and manage inventory levels and maintain excellent service levels whilst keeping wastage to a minimum
- Contribute to our growth by delivering great service to customers, suppliers and colleagues. This is a hands-on role with opportunities to get involved in a wide variety of activities
- To contribute to the monthly stock reconciliation process between our system and the records of our 3PL warehouses
- Think analytically, with efficiency as a core principle
- To go the extra mile to provide an excellent service
- To question current processes and to provide solutions
Page 1 of 21