Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing.
The role: Marketing & Communications Manager
Our cient: Edinburgh Instruments Ltd (part of the global Techcomp Europe Group of companies)
Location: Livingston, West Lothian (with hybrid working)
Package: Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including 37.5 hours per week with flexible working patterns available (allows for an early Friday finish), performance-related bonus, pension, paid sickness, holiday allowance, employee discount scheme, subsidised gym membership and cylce to work scheme and group life, pernanent health and private medical insurance.
Reporting to the Group Head of Product, the Marketing & Communications Manager will lead the marketing & graphics team with a remit to provide the Techcomp Group with a fully joined up, collaborative and responsive marketing & communications function. Working across the Techcomp Group of companies, they will own the marketing strategy, establish a consistent tone of voice with compelling stories to drive traffic and develop a unified communications message.
- Marcomms – produce a wide range of online and offline marketing communications materials – high quality brochures, advertisements, direct mail, newsletters, press releases etc. that are in line with brands and corporate identity.
- Global Exhibitions & Conferences - work closely with key stakeholders to identify, book and provide end2end marketing input and support including booth design.
- Content Creation – work closely with the technical teams to create relevant, consistent content at the right level to reach optimal audiences.
- Advertising – digital & print including managing external agencies.
- Budget Management – marcomms for each Group company.
- Team Management – leadership, development and motivation.
- Ownership of company websites – CMS and SERP.
- Deliver bottom line success – review KPIs, track results, monthly reporting.
- Analysis - Track the Company’s website traffic through Google Analytics and Google Ad Words and acting upon the information.
- Undertake off-site visits to support the Company as required.
- Any other ad hoc duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
- An experienced Marketing Manager with an impressive track record of success leading a multi-functional team.
- Experience developing marketing strategy, managing budgets and key stakeholder management and engagement.
- Broad digital channel marketing expertise to grow audiences.
- Knowledge and understanding of lead generation.
- A strong user of SEO, Google Analytics and Google Ad Words; with the ability to act upon the data and track KPI’s.
- Website Content Management (CMS) and SERP experience.
- Understand the benefits of collaborative working with the wider technical teams (sales, applications & product management).
- Prior line management experience and understand the importance of resource allocation, people development, task delegation and prioritisation.
- Degree in Marketing or related discipline.
- Project Management: Develop, manage, and coordinate project plans; Supervise the status of projects; Hold project owners accountable; Communicate change and encourage progress.
- Judgement and Decision-Making: Exercise sound judgment and focus on job goals; Establish priorities; React to unexpected situations; Take an analytical approach when considering options, seek input from others and reach decisions; Make difficult decisions when necessary.
- Planning and Organising: Prioritise and plan work activities; React positively to pressure situations; Ensure information is organized and accessible.
- Initiative and Leadership: Self-starter; Help others when needed; Flexible; Show desire to master job, take pride in work and seek continuous improvement; Actively tackle problems; Seek new opportunities; Strive to see projects to completion.
- People Management: Delegate work assignments; Give authority to work independently; Set expectations and monitor delegated activities; Provide regular performance feedback; Develop subordinates skills and encourage growth.
- Customer Service: Proactively anticipate and respond promptly to internal and external customer needs; respond to all requests for service and assistance.
- Oral and Written Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of internal business stakeholders and external customers and suppliers..
- Analytical: Use intuition and experience to complement data; Collects and researches large data; conducts appropriate test reviews and analyze and present findings and solutions
- Presentation Skills: Able to present ideas and information accurately and in a clear and concise manner; Engage with the audience; Positive body language; Effective use of visual aids.
Health & Safety
- Ensure you and others around you work in a safe manner and maintain safe workspace.
- Reporting any health and safety hazards or accidents to the QHSE Manager.
About us: Edinburgh Instruments is a £20m turnover international market leader in the research, development and manufacturing of state of the are scientific instrumentation for over 50 years. We are part of the global Techcomp Europe (TEU) Group of Companies, all SMEs involved in the manufacture and distribution of analytical systems, life science equipment and lab instruments globally. Our European HQ is located in Livingston which houses our central hub consisting of the office of the CEO Europe, plus our marketing, sales, applications, product management, finance, HR, design & development, QA & QC, IT and some of our production & manufacturing facilities.
TEU is part of the Hong Kong HQ global Techcomp Instrument Group. As Marketing & Communications Manager for Edinburgh Instruments and three of its sister companies within the TEU Group you will interact with colleagues globally including Europe, Asia and the USA.
As an equal opportunities employer, Edinburgh Instruments is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.