Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing.
The role: Commercial Forecaster USA
Client: St Pierre Groupe Ltd
Location: St Pierre Groupe Ltd offices, Didsbury
Package: £40k - £50k depending on experience plus excellent benefits package
Additional: Hybrid working
Background to the role & it’s main purpose: With huge growth plans on the horizon, the St Pierre USA Commercial Team is expanding. We’ve created this brand-new role designed to facilitate the flow of information between sales and supply chain, with the aim of improving product availability and stock holding linked to customer sales performance and ordering profiles
Main duties & areas of responsibility:
• Analysis of historical customer EPOS sales data, customer forecasts (where applicable) and ordering patterns data to map and predict future demand trends.
• In addition, capture retailer promotional programs, distribution changes and new listing information and use this information to build into a demand forecast.
• Working cross functionally with commercial, finance and supply chain to ensure forecast output is as realistic and accurate as possible and challenge commercial teams where appropriate.
• Support commercial teams through the budgeting and quarterly reforecasting processes, to provide financial forecasts.
• Ad hoc analysis to further support the account teams for example analysis of promotional and feature space activity, help prioritise stock for key customers to minimize shortages, track new product roll out (on time and in line with business expectations).
• Working with commercial finance team to supply weekly and monthly sales analysis to Leadership for all key accounts (where data is available) including:
• Delivery of monthly EPOS reports including YTD performance and sales trends
• Summary of EPOS performance ahead of each Board Meeting
About you - skills & experience:
• Exceptional written communication, interpersonal and analytical skills, including the ability to synthesise, present and explain complex information quickly and accurately
• IT literate including competent use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PowerBI etc
• At least 2 years' experience in either a forecasting or commercial / financial analyst role
• Experience of data modelling and forecasting and working with large data sets
Aptitude, skills and abilities
• Action Orientated and Problem Solving – a self-starter who can react effectively to opportunities or issues.
• Effective Communicator and influencer - ability to communicate , challenge and influence at all levels notably with Account Managers, and externally with retail partners
• Attention to detail – ensures accurate delivery of information in a timely and effective manner
•Time management – Uses time effectively and efficiently, and works well under time pressure and to set deadlines
• The successful candidate should also be a confident communicator with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to demonstrate confidence when communicating to customers both internal and external.
• Able to effectively prioritise workload and multi-task