The role: Transformation Project Manager
Client: St Pierre Groupe Ltd
Location: St Pierre Groupe Ltd offices, Didsbury
Package: £40k - £50k depending on experience plus excellent benefits package
Additional: Hybrid working
About SPG: The St Pierre business has experienced rapid double-digit growth over the last 5 years in both the UK & USA markets, and there are huge growth plans on the horizon. This growth has been down to the entrepreneurial approach and can-do attitude of the people and leadership.
Background: Following a recent acquisition by Grupo Bimbo, we are committed to driving St Pierre growth to become a $1bn brand. To achieve this, we are carrying out a strategic ‘Full Potential Program’ business growth plan supported by external business consultants and a dedicate Business Transformation Office to identify and develop the growth levers needed to effectively leverage our mutual strengths with Grupo Bimbo and successfully grow the brand to achieve our vision.
Role overview: To support the business in its next stages of growth there is a requirement for an experienced Project Manager to meticulously oversee multiple projects and workstream teams. The role will form an integral part of the Transformation Office, working shoulder to shoulder with the Business Transformation Director and Finance Business Partner to develop projects and business cases that will drive and shape the future of St Pierre. Working across multiple territories, the role will engage numerous departments, stakeholders and both internal and external business consultants to shape the growth plan and drive implementation into its next phase.
Main purpose of job: The main purpose of the role will be to ensure full and timely delivery of multiple projects that drive our Full Potential Program, co-ordinating with internal and external teams and identifying opportunities as well as anticipating risks associated with each project. This role requires an unwavering focus on accountability, organisation, pace and results in order to deliver against all of the Full Potential Program’s objectives.
What is the Full Potential Program? The Full Potential program is built on a methodology with two initial phases; analysis & design. These are followed up by execution & improvement phases.
Main Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
- Support creation and implementation of projects to deliver on time against each objective.
- Coordinate closely as part of the Transformation Office and with internal stakeholders, offering full project management support, including data collation and organisation from multiple sources.
- Develop a detailed project plan that can manage and track progress of the multiple projects running simultaneously to ensure continuous progress and successful delivery of Full Potential KPIs.
- Take ownership of appropriate project management tools, and ensure they are being used effectively through any necessary training and coaching of colleagues.
- Measure project performance through analysis and advise changes to improve ongoing performance.
- Liaise with colleagues across multiple departments to ensure their involvement in relevant projects at the correct time and with prior notice.
- Involvement in the preparation and timely delivery of the necessary reports to key stakeholders including the board and Grupo Bimbo Corporate Offices.
- Support development and delivery of a communication plan that takes the St Pierre Groupe employees on a Transformational journey, updating and engaging through existing and new routes of communication.
- As part of the Transformation Office, embody and lead the long-term cultural and behavioural changes expected in the business, with particular focus on accountability, agility and decisiveness as well as data driven decisions.
Knowledge & Experience
- Significant experience of project management roles, preferably in FMCG/the food industry and with a professional Project Management certification
- Proven ability to manage a number of large, complex and strategic projects.
- Sets clear and defined objectives holding people accountable for their actions, whilst unafraid to challenge constructively.
- Ability to establish a project management function within an existing business, with the confidence to set up new processes and systems as required, whilst also adopting established systems and tools.
- Experience of working with external consultants and a variety of internal stakeholders from board level to junior managers.
- Excellent communication and people skills, ability to establish and maintain a strong network and create positive working relationships quickly and effectively.
Essential Skills and Behavioural Traits
- Self starter, solutions driven and able to take initiative.
- Exceptional communication skills – must have the ability to challenge and influence at a variety of levels of seniority, adapting style to audience.
- Energetic, engaging and tenacious personal style with the ability to inject pace, agility and a sense of decisiveness into projects.
- Highly organised and able to comfortably multi-task across a variety of projects and workstreams
- Team player: The Transformation team will be 3 people tasked with significant business transformation to deliver, operating within the business but with the ability to take a helicopter view, remain objective and ensure the transformation is on course. The requirement for this team to be close knit and able to share experience, ideas and reflections in order to function effectively.