Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing.
The Role: Supply & Demand Analyst
Our Client: St Pierre Groupe
Location: Didsbury, South Manchester (with hybrid working)
Package: £35k - £45k plus bonus, pension, life assurance, phi, 27 days holiday plus 1 day for your birthday + Bank Holidays with flexible working around core hours plus hybrid working
We’re looking for an experienced Supply & Demand Analyst to join our Manchester-based team. Reporting to the Head of Planning, the position is an essential role in our operations department.
To maximise the availability of our key products to our worldwide customers through the strategic management of demand and supply.
Your ability to transform mass data into a narrative to provide insight to the wider business will drive change and guide key strategic decision-making. Your work will be concise, engaging and informative. Key responsibilities will include:
- Conduct analysis of customer forecasts versus internal projections, working closely with our commercial team as well as customers directly to ensure that the short-term sales forecast is as accurate as possible.
- Influence the sales forecasts for large retailers by confidently and knowledgeably assisting customers to generate and agree forecasts, especially for new launches or during promotions.
- Challenge the rationale behind internal forecasts to drive accuracy improvements, identifying business-specific or market-wide trends that could influence the numbers.
- Produce KPI reports for the senior management team and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Working closely with the wider planning team, provide our logistics team with regular storage projections, providing context and clarity on notable trends and the rationale behind the numbers.
- Conduct daily reviews of sales vs. forecast performance, alerting the wider planning team to any risks to supply or potential wastage exposure in a timely manner, as well as conducting root cause analysis to drive more informed future decision-making across the business.
- Build a strong knowledge of our products, customer base and key business objectives, enabling you to identify process improvements and efficiency gains.
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Excellent demonstrable experience in demand analysis
- Experienced in FMCG or similar industry (ideally international FMCG)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to develop strong relationships internally and externally
- Able to prioritise and allocate time effectively
- Excellent team player