The role: Quality Technologist
Client: St Pierre Groupe Ltd
Location: St Pierre Groupe Ltd offices, Didsbury
Package: competitive salary plus excellent benefits package
Additional: Hybrid working
Main purpose of the role: As part of the Quality and Compliance team this is a wide and varied role. As Quality Technologist you’ll work closely with suppliers and the wider St Pierre team to ensure that our stringent quality aspirations are met. You’ll need great communication and influencing skills.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Ensuring the quality of our St Pierre range designing quality attribute standards, identifying emerging quality issues and working with suppliers on sustainable corrective actions.
- Drive product improvement projects of our existing range.
- Relationship management with key suppliers, regular meetings and site visits to ensure quality standards are achieved.
- Work closely with NPD team on development projects and attendance of first production runs to ensure successful launches.
- Investigation and resolution of customer complaints and non-conformances via root cause analysis.
- Deliver Quality KPIs and performance reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- HACCP & Food Defence team member
- Maintain St Pierre Groupe A&B BRC certification
Qualifications - BSc Accredited Degree (Hons) or equivalent industrial experience (essential)
Relevant experience - Previous relevent experience in a QC/QA/technologist role and factory environment (essential)
Aptitude, skills and abilities
- Experience in establishing and maintaining relationships with suppliers, via first class communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident IT user – this role will require use of Quality Management systems (training will be provided), previous knowledge of Microsoft Office, TEAMs
- Bakery category experience an advantage
- French and/or Spanish speaking an advantage
- Full Driving license required
- This role will require some international travel
- Trouble shooter - excellent problem solving, analytical mind and decision-making skills
- Independent self-starter, and equally strong team player
- Organised and efficient at prioritising workload to meet deadlines