The role: Interim Finance Business Partner
Client: St Pierre Groupe Ltd
Location: St Pierre Groupe Ltd offices, Didsbury
Package: £65k - £75k depending on experience plus excellent benefits package (pro-rata)
Additional: Hybrid working
Contract: Interim contract of 9 - 12 months (temp to perm potential but not guaranteed)
About SPG: The St Pierre business has experienced rapid double-digit growth over the last 5 years in both the UK & USA markets, and there are huge growth plans on the horizon. This growth has been down to the entrepreneurial approach and can-do attitude of the people and leadership.
Background: Following a recent acquisition by Grupo Bimbo, we are committed to driving St Pierre growth to become a $1bn brand. To achieve this, we are carrying out a strategic ‘Full Potential Program’ business growth plan supported by external business consultants and a dedicate Business Transformation Office to identify and develop the growth levers needed to effectively leverage our mutual strengths with Grupo Bimbo and successfully grow the brand to achieve our vision.
Role overview: To support the business in its next stages of growth there is a requirement for an experienced Finance Business Partner, with impressive strategic and analytical skills who will work closely with the Transformation Office and Finance team to build the business cases that will drive and shape the future of St Pierre. Working across multiple territories, the role will engage stakeholders to shape the growth plan and drive implementation into its next phase. The role will initially report into the Finance Director in order to learn the business, tools and requirements of the finance team, before transitioning to become part of the Transformation Office, which is responsible for the Full Potential Program, at which point the role will report into the Business Transformation Director.
Main purpose of job: The main purpose of the role will be to critically analyse, challenge and appraise the financial and economic impacts of multiple business cases and growth levers across a range of projects that will drive our Full Potential Program, identifying opportunities and anticipating risks associated with each project and liaising cross-functionally with leaders and their teams to ensure all objectives are met on time and in full. This role will support the Transformation Office and leadership team and requires an unwavering focus on accountability, pace and results in the business.
What is the Full Potential Program? The Full Potential program is built on a methodology with two initial phases; analysis & design. These are followed up by execution & improvement phases
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, build and deliver financial reporting and analysis to support all Full Potential Program projects and workstreams.
- Implementing financial rigor, reviews and controls approach to the Full Potential Program to ensure continuous progress and successful delivery of KPIs.
- Coordinating closely as part of the Transformation Office and with internal stakeholders on strategically modelling the economic growth framework development and ambitions.
- Support creation and implementation of projects to deliver against each growth lever to agreed timelines.
- Provide in a timely manner the necessary reports to key stakeholders including the board and Grupo Bimbo Corporate Offices, using appropriate project management tools where necessary.
- Coaching and supporting non-financial colleagues to maximize success with Full Potential.
- Support the wider Finance team with internal responsibilities including ad hoc reporting and analysis when time permits.
Knowledge & Experience
- Significant track record in financial analysis and reporting
- Experience of building strategic financial plans in fast moving environment (FMCG / branded food industry preferable)
- Proven ability to manage a number of large, complex and strategic projects.
- Experience of working with external consultants and a variety of internal stakeholders from board level to junior managers.
Essential Skills and Behavioural Traits
- Self starter, solutions driven and able to take initiative.
- Commercial and analytical mindset with ability to identify and drive significant value-creating opportunities.
- Exceptional communication skills – must have the ability to challenge and influence at a variety of levels of seniority, adapting style to audience.
- Energetic, engaging and tenacious personal style with the ability to inject pace, agility and a sense of decisiveness into projects.
- Highly organised and able to comfortably multi-task across a variety of projects and workstreams
- Team player: The Transformation team will be three people tasked with significant business transformation to deliver, operating within the business but with the ability to take a helicopter view, remain objective and ensure the transformation is on course. The requirement for this team to be close knit and able to share experience, ideas and reflections in order to function effectively.