Vacancy Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing.
Job Title: Privacy & Information Governance Business Partner, Europe
Client: The British Council
Remuneration: Attractive salary and benefits package - further information provided on request
Reports to: Director EU Operations
Duration of job: Two years, fixed term contract, with possible extension/conversion to a permanent contract
Job Location: Europe (flexible to suit candidate preference)
To support the British Council's reputation by providing professional consultancy and business assurance in the field of Information and Knowledge Management, particularly:
- Information Governance
- Records and Archives Management
- Knowledge Management
Context and Environment
With support from the IKM Team in the UK, the Privacy & Information Governance Business Partner (Europe) will be required to support the Regional Directors in their role as Information Asset Owner and Country Directors in their roles as Asset Manager; they will implement relevant policy and procedures and any other agreed actions of the Information Policy Network, with a view to developing a sustainable approach to IKM, implementing and evaluating at a regional level and in relevant countries. They will also contribute and participate in the Information Policy Network and work closely with Information Policy Advisor (Networks).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
In line with overarching Corporate policy of the British Council (including EOD):
- All aspects of Records Management: To drive implementation of records retention and disposal in the region, working with relevant regional and country staff; to ensure security classification are applied throughout the region in a way consistent with corporate policy; to maintain and control the development of regional and country records classification plans; to develop and drive implementation of business recovery plans in the region, working with relevant regional and country staff. To implement specific projects and related activities which support strategy development.
- All aspects of Information Governance: Ensure security measures are in place to protect personal data throughout the region and appropriate mechanisms are in place to control access to information; ensuring that processes are in place to enable timely responses to requests from others for access to information; monitor data sharing agreements with other organisations and work with colleagues in the region to ensure adequate information assurance in the supply chain; contribute to the implementation of allocated projects in the field of information law by providing ideas and guidance to UK, regional and country-based teams and implement specific projects and related activities which support strategy development.
- Training and Awareness, including professional updating: Maintain, improve and disseminate knowledge of Information Governance and Management throughout the region, ensuring that all staff in the region undergo mandatory information assurance training and understand their role in managing information. To keep updated professionally in the IKM specialist and related areas, take an active role in IKM networking events and developing and maintaining connections with the information community within the Council, including attendance and participation in the Knowledge Management Community of Practice (KM Forum).
- Evaluation, Monitoring and Audit: Complete quarterly information risk assessments on behalf of the Regional Director, liaise with the IKM team to contribute to the annual informatioin assurance assessment and report, report on information risk incidents, identifying issues and problems and, working with the IKM team, developing solutions; participate in the process of developing an information asset register and ensure that this register is maintained.
Internal: Regional Director, Country Directors, Relevant Business Area Leads in BC UK and other internal stakeholders.
External: Corporate Affairs Head, Section Heads of like-minded organisation and other corporate stakeholders and customers.
Some unsocial hours, weekend work and travel will be required.
Right to Work country.
The Person Specification
Skills and Knowledge
- Communication Skills (Level 2/3): Understanding purpose, understanding the audience, understanding tools and media and knowledge sharing.
- Business Management and Development (Level 2): Market Analysis and Business Intelligence, business strategy, and managing relationships with customers, clients and stakeholders.
- Project and Contract Management (Level 2): Context, market and stakeholders, managing risk.
- Experience of records management, data protection and freedom of information.
- Experience of creating effective networks of stakeholders with strong reputation and credibility in the sector of IKM and Communications.
- Solid technical knowledge of data privacy law across multiple jurisdictions.
- A qualification (for example ISEB in Data Protection) or equivalent experience