Vacacny Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing.
Job Title: Senior Advisor (English Language Assessment)
Reports to: Director
Location: Flexible UK base (post holder can select from any of the UK offices)
Remuneration: Attractive package
Role Purpose: To provide in-depth and authoritative English language assessment expertise to enable the delivery of the organisation and business unit strategy.
Context and environment: The organisation delivers a broad range of large-scale English activity, much of it related to English language assessment to a greater or lesser extent. Following a recent review, the organisation belives that there is significant demand for English language assessment beyond that currently met and is developing plans to address these opportunities through expanding its products and services in this area. At the same time aiming to continue to improve the quality of existing works in ths area.
Key Accountabilities: The role will consist of the followinig key responsibilities & duties:
- lead the development of agreed assessment products in response to specific market needs and business targets, ensuring these are effective in terms of meeting those needs, exploiting technology and are demonstrably valid and reliable.
- increase capability and capacity in testing and assessment through building broader knowledge and expertise within the organisation.
- undertake or oversee the delivery of market or customer needs analysis.
- advise business managers on aspects of assessment to support business decisions.
- represent or oversee the representation of the organisation externally on issues related to English language assessment or research, positioning the organisation as an authority in this area.
- lead an expanding team of part-time item writers (currently 40) and full time test production managers (currently 2 - 3 posts).
Key Stakeholder relationships:
Key internal relationships - Regional Directors, Regional English leads, Country BD Managers, BU Directors / peers
Key external relationships - Corporate and institutional customer relationships, UK awarding bodies, and current sector partners
- the role requires overseas travel and occasional unsocial/evening hours (mainly linked to overseas visits)
- we would encourage the successful applicant to remain engaged with broader research, academic teaching or supervision. We would be happy to explore flexible working arrangements to facilitate this.
- UK or EU Passport holder
- Child Protection Checks will be required.
Person Specification: The post holder will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team of the Strategic Business Unit and as such will possess the following skills & experience:
- Expert and in-depth knowledge of English language testiing and assessment.
- Understanding of and ability to undertake/manage item/test validity and reliability analysis and use this to support product promotion.
- Ability to use this knowledge to design assessment in response to market needs.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of existing English language tests and practices on the market.
- Developing and supporting the development of effective and reliable English language assessment products for all skills in response to market needs.
- Building testing and assessment understanding and capability in others.
- Extensive experience of speaking at academic and industry conferences and debates as a voice of authority in English language assessment.