Job Title: Business Manager (Industrial)
Client: Tata Steel Projects (TSP)
Reports to: Engineering Director
Location: UK - flexible within the TSP business (Manchester, Birmingham, York or West Cumbria)
Remuneration: Circa £60,000 (depending on experience) plus bonus, car allowance, pension, phi (self) & benefits
Context: TSP provides strategically important services to internal customers within the Tata Group and works in partnership with external customers to deliver high quality, innovative and responsive solutions to meet their individual requirements across a wide range of market sectors.
TSP is now focusing on significant growth within the industrial, engery and power industries and this role plays a significant part in developing key customer relationships in order to secure new business development opportunities and further development of innovative products and services.
Dimensions: TSP is a multi-disciplinary solutions business that provides a full range of services, from consultancy, design and engineeering through to manufacture, installation and on site project management. The business works in partnership with customers to deliver high quality, innovative and responsive solutions to meet individual requirements across a wide range of market sectors.
TSP operates across two manufacturing operations and two consultancy offices and employs circa 500 people across a broad spectrum of skills, from skilled manufacturing technicians to highly qualified professional engineers.
Job Purpose: The client focused business manager will lead business activities in the provision of heavy engineering, fabrication and manufacturing services to several market leading customers.
- Engaging with customers at all stages of the project life cycle from enquiry identification through to completion.
- Build sustainable relationships with customers and internal service providers.
- Identify and develop new opportunities.
- Make a major contribution to the delivery of sector business turnover and profitability targets.
- Act as a key point of contact for the business and provide advice and guidance on where best to position products and services.
- Utilise market knowledge to influence business strategy, investment and direction.
- Develop and maintain network links to enable monitoring of competitor activity.
- Reporting to the sector Director and member of the sector steering board.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent (preferably Mechanical Engineering)
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Good knowledge of most aspects of heavy engineering including welding, fabrication and machining is essential. Ideally some experience of forging, casting, foundry related activity.
- Highly experienced in bespoke high tolerance heavy fabrication and manufacturing projects.
- A track record of anticipating and resolving engineering and project delivery challenges.
- Experienced in client relationship management, business development, and 'account development'.
- Passionate about high levels of customer service.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Pragmatic and professional approach.
- Effective leadership skills.
Regular business travel within the UK will be required. A full driving licence is essential.