Job Title: Procurement Analyst
Client: St Pierre Groupe Ltd
Location: Didsbury, South Manchester
Remuneration: Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package
Do you want to be part of a rapidly expanding FMCG entrepreneurial business? One which encourages its employees to put forward ideas, be innovative and work as part of a team? We are a fast-moving entrepreneurial business without the bureaucracy and formalities of the bigger corporate. We are customer focused, with a strong reputation for innovation.
The business has seen exponential growth, particularly over the past 4 years, having infiltrated the US markets and expanded the UK customer base. We have an impressive business plan for further growth, via new products and markets.
This is a fantastic career opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated Procurement Analyst looking for a new role in a truly international business. Headquartered in fashionable Didsbury, in our fabulous new offices, our Procurement Analyst reports to the International Director and will provide strategic support to positively impact supplier negotiations and determine outcomes. Your remit will cover all channels of purchasing, particularly sourcing of product, freight and warehousing.
- Assist in the execution of new improved procurement strategies across all channels of purchasing, particularly sourcing of product, freight and warehousing.
- Manage product costs across the life cycle of each product. This includes maximising logistics utilisation and monitoring costs to reflect changes in input costs
- Coordinate, monitor ensure purchasing activity protects company margin and is controlled through applying cost analysis techniques.
- Actively track commodity prices, identifying opportunities to challenge suppliers for price reductions. Defend requests for price increases from suppliers
- Assist with provision of forecasts to key suppliers
- Assist with data gathering and implementation of supplier scorecards
- Hold regular meetings with key suppliers to review forecasts and performance
- Negotiate and manage contracts with service providers.
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the food industry
- Strong commercial acumen
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Intelligent and sensitive approach to developing long term supplier relationships
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Able to prioritise and allocate time effectively
- Adaptable to change
- A positive ‘can do’ approach
- French speaker (would be a real advantage!)