Job Title: Finance Manager
Package: Competitive plus excellent benefits
Our client and background to the role:
Our client is manufacturer of specialist scientific instruments, at the forefront of design and innovation. It is a small, growing business, and recent acquisition of a highly profitable multinational group of scientific instrument manufacturers. This new development brings a need for a technically sound financial controller to support the growth of the business in terms of both financial compliance and strategic development. The role will suit an ambitious and driven qualified accountant looking to make an impact and drive positive change.
Reporting to the CEO, the Finance Manager is a stand-alone role locally, with a dotted line into the Group Commercial Accountant within the group matrix structure. You will run the day-to-day financial activity of the business and implement a sound environment of control, but also analyse the financial information and support strategic business decisions.
- Work closely with the CEO and Product Managers to support the preparation of operational contract budgets, financial forecasts, cashflow and financial performance updates
- Support Product Managers by undertaking contract reviews to validate the quality of financial performance of each operational contract area
- Ensure that accounting activities are in compliance with established legal, regulatory and company procedures and that financial delegated authorities are adhered to
- Actively support and participate in tendering activity and the associated approvals process
- Complete month-end corporate reporting
- Development of and compliance with internal control policies and processes
- Oversee all company accounts, management accounts, and financial transactions
- Manage and monitor all treasury activities
- Manage external audit processes
- Occasional UK travel may be required
The Candidate Profile:
- Qualified CA/ACA/ACCA with a strong academic record of achievement
- Your career to date may be from a small practice, with experience preparing accounts of small clients, or perhaps with 1-2 years PQE in an SME environment with experience of day-to-day accounting.
- Understanding of recognition of revenue from contracts by IFRS15
- Ambitious and looking to make a difference
- A pro-active professional who will quickly grasp the needs of our business & have the resilience for a stand-alone role combined with the desire to work as part of a matrix structure with colleagues in Group as required.
- People orientated & results driven, you will be an excellent communicator, presenter & active listener with a passion for continuous improvement.
- Ideally you will have some previous experience gained from an SME environment and/or working in a stand-alone role.
- Ability to demonstrate/add value at the Board table.
- Good IT literacy with a working knowledge of MSN Office.