Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing.
Role; Supply & Demand Analyst
Client: St Pierre Groupe Ltd
Location: Didsbury, South Manchester
Remuneration: Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including bonus, pension, flexible start times, PHI, Life Assurance
Background to the role: The business has seen exponential growth, particularly over the past 4 years, having infiltrated the US markets and expanded the UK customer base.
We now have an impressive business plan for further growth, via new products and markets. As such we are now recruiting several key positions to facilitate that growth.
Reporting to the Supply & Demand Manager the position of a Supply & Demand Analyst is an essential role in the Operations department.
The greatest risk to achieving our ambitious goal is whether we can get enough supply to fulfil our demand.
To maximise availability of our key products to our world-wide customers through the strategic management of demand and supply.
- Develop demand forecasts based on internal forecasts, business trends and market analysis.
- Make forecast adjustments based on seasonality and promotions.
- Provide forecast updates to our key bakery suppliers, and to our senior management team, on regular basis.
- Liaise with key bakery suppliers on capacity in the short, medium, and long terms.
- Monitor our own stock levels and distributor stock levels. Strategically build stocks in months where there is availability.
- Highlight to the senior management team where bakery restrictions will cause demand issues. Perform root cause analysis of issues and provide solutions.
- Provide guidance to the Commercial teams where customer allocations are required.
- Maintain and improve demand planning systems to improve forecast accuracy.
- Influence the sales forecasts for large retailers by confidently and appropriately assisting customers to generate and agree forecasts.
- Create and distribute weekly/daily reports on the status of inventory.
- Gain a holistic view of what data is available and to drive improvements for better data collection and presentation.
The Candidate - Key Skills
- Highly Numerate and analytical
- Excellent demonstrable experience in Demand analysis
- Experienced in FMCG or similar industry (Ideally international FMCG)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to develop strong relationships internally and externally
- Able to prioritise and allocate time effectively.
- Excellent team player
- Commercially savvy with a high level of customer focus
- A high level of IT literacy