Status: Closed. Another successful project for Oakleigh Resourcing
Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Client: Edinburgh Instruments Ltd
Location: Livingston, West Lothian
Remuneration: Competitive Salary & Beneftis package
Edinburgh Instruments (EI) is a £20m turnover international market leader in high-end, high-value scientific instrumentation. Part of the Hong Kong headquartered global Techcomp Instrument Group, we operate within the Techcomp Europe (TEU) division, which consists of a group of scientific instrument manufacturing businesses with production sites across six countries in Europe and with a comprehensive commercial network with sales offices and distribution partners across the globe.
We are immensely proud of our heritage; for 50 years we have been supplying customers at leading-edge research institutes, academic and industrial facilities. Our products combine customisation, user-friendliness and high performance, and are experiencing higher-than-ever demand worldwide.
Edinburgh Instruments are looking to recruit a Quality Assurance Manager for their Livingston Headquarters. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a world leading instrumentation business who manufactures state-of-the-art scientific instrumentation in Livingston for shipping and commissioning into leading research facilities and universities around the world.
This is a great career opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager with knowledge of modern quality practices. The role will focus on taking control of the processes and structures at Edinburgh Instruments; however, the role could also broaden to encompass the quality practices at the other European manufacturing sites and to provide group oversite offering an interesting and varied career path in the longer term. Therefore, the successful candidate should be an excellent communicator, willing to undertake occasional international travel. In the first instance, you will be responsible for the:
- management and implementation of all quality assurance processes within Edinburgh Instruments Ltd.
- development of our ISO 9001:2015 accreditation and audit management.
- promotion of a quality ‘culture’ throughout the company.
- management of continuous improvement strategies across the company.
- Develop and establish the company's quality procedures, processes, standards and specifications.
- Work with purchasing and stores staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
- Manage the small team of quality control technicians.
- Set quality standards for health and safety
- Ensure that manufacturing and operations processes meet required standards and documentation.
- Define quality procedures in conjunction with production and operations staff.
- Set up and maintain control over documentation procedures.
- Monitor quality performance by gathering relevant data and produce statistical reports
- Review existing policies and make suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them (ECN, NCR, Assembly and test work instructions).
- Measure performance and identify any areas of weakness, recommending and implementing improvements
- Liaise with other managers and staff and provide training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards
- Assess the effectiveness of changes made
- Make sure the company is working as effectively as possible to keep up with competitors
- Collate customer satisfaction metrics.
- Be a member of the interface team between R&D and production. Focussing on build processes, procedures, clarity and simplicity.
- Degree educated
- Experience as a quality leader
- Demonstrate leadership experience and applied knowledge of quality management systems and regulatory systems.
- Results orientated, quick learner and multi-tasker and able to successfully manage workload and timescales.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal skills, a good communicator.
- Prepared to travel occasionally
Additional Details About the Role
Hours: Contracted hours are 37.5 hours per week with flexible working hours.
Benefits: After an initial qualifying period and subject to the company’s terms and conditions of employment Edinburgh Instruments offers a comprehensive range of benefits including performance related bonus scheme, paid sickness, death in service, permanent health insurance, private medical insurance, pension scheme, paid holidays with flexible statutory days and subsidised gym membership.
Salary: A competitive salary package is available to the right candidate.