Status: Closed. Another successful project for Oakleigh Resourcing.
Role: HR Manager (Group)
Client: Edinburgh Instruments Ltd (part of the global Techcomp Instruments group)
Location: Livingston, West Lothian, Scotland
Package: Competitive salary plus bonus, pension, private health, 26 days holiday
Edinburgh Instruments (EI) is a £20m turnover international market leader in high-end, high-value scientific instrumentation. Part of the Hong Kong headquartered global Techcomp Instrument Group, we operate within the Techcomp Europe (TEU) division, which consists of a group of scientific instrument manufacturing businesses with production sites across six countries in Europe and with a comprehensive commercial network with sales offices and distribution partners across the globe. www.techcomp-instruments.com
We now seek to welcome a Group HR Manager to our Edinburgh Instruments management team located at our Livingston HQ where we employ a highly skilled workforce of 150+ people. The remit is to build on the foundations already in place, and further develop an HR function to support our continued growth globally. Reporting to the EI CEO, primary responsibility will be for our EI business. TEU has recently transitioned to a matrix structure and the Group HR Manager will also have a dotted line into the TEU Group CEO and oversight of the other TEU businesses, our people and policies across the globe.
This is a great career opportunity for a Group HR Manager looking for a brand new standalone, high impact role with professional breadth, depth and influence. With end-to-end responsibility for all aspects of HR including our talent plan, responsibilities include:
- Full audit of current HR practises & develop a route map to ensure our business & people are protected
- Talent Management - resource & succession planning; TNA etc
- Manage & further develop our processes - recruitment & selection; induction onboarding etc
- Employment Legislation - adherence to legislation & best practice
- International mobility – managing staff movement internationally, secondment policies etc
- Reward & Recognition – including input at Senior level across our global team
- Employee Relations – absence management, disciplinary, grievance
- Lead & develop EDI
- Oversee our company Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives
- Ideally CIPD qualified,
- Technically strong, an experienced HR generalist and advocate of best practice.
- A pro-active professional who will quickly grasp the needs of our business
- Resilience to work in a stand-alone role as well as a true business partner
- A functional leader to further develop and transition HR to best support our business growth and our people.
- A strong understanding of UK Employment Law is essential
- The ability to support our European leadership team on contractual, reward and mobility projects as required.
- Previous ‘group’ responsibility is not essential; our ideal candidate will have some previous experience gained from an SME environment, and ideally exposure to a global business would be beneficial.
- Service and results driven; an excellent communicator with a passion for continuous improvement.