Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing.
Role: Part Qualified Management Accountant
Client: Edinburgh Instruments Ltd (global, high growth technology business)
Location: Livingston, West Lothian, Scotland (easy access from west Edinburgh) (Home working with some office attendance during current restrictions)
Remuneration: Competitive salary & excellent benefits package (plus support with studies, exams etc)
Are you looking for a career move into a fast-moving, international, entrepreneurial business without the bureaucracy and formalities of the bigger corporate? Due to our ongoing business growth we’re hiring a Part Qualified Management Accountant into a brand-new role to further develop and strengthen our financial analytics to support well-informed decision making – you’ll enjoy turning data into insights and bringing the numbers to life. It’s a really exciting time to join us.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you’ll join the Finance team (4) who are responsible for management accounting, group reporting, statutory compliance, R&D grant applications and transactional processing. The company is a highly profitable global technology business and forms part of a European group of Scientific Instrument manufacturers. The company also hosts the global research and technology hub with over 75 engineers and application scientists on site. This role will be responsible for management information and balance sheet reconciliation. It will also include treasury and cash management and assisting with budgets, forecasts and management accounts, amongst many other ad hoc.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Monitoring of profitability across our product groups
- Analysis of trends and variances
- Provision of supporting data including preparing/reviewing balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in the completion of budgets and forecasts
- Weekly and monthly cash flow reporting
- Competitor analysis, customers analysis and credit control
- Development/preparation of an evolving monthly management accounts pack and financial reports
- Developing skills to utilise the ERP system and other supporting tools to automate as much reporting as possible, freeing up more time for analysis
- Business partnering with key internal and external stakeholders on regular basis to build successful relationships, resulting in better business knowledge and increased commercial acumen
- Helping Accounts team with month end tasks: booking accrual journals
- Process improvements - financial and non-financial
As the ideal Part Qualified Management Accountant you will be self-motivated, forward thinking and demonstrate the ability to work proactively. You will have the enthusiasm to make a difference and the ambition to succeed in your career!
You will be actively studying towards an ACCA or CIMA qualification with at least 5 years’ experience within a finance function in a private sector (ideally manufacturing).
An additional language would be beneficial (Chinese, French, German, Dutch) as would experience of successfully securing government research grant funding.
Edinburgh Instruments Limited (EI) is a £20m turnover international market leader in molecular spectroscopy products. With a strong reputation for innovation and customer service and employing a highly skilled workforce of approximately 150 people we are based at our recently renovated campus in Livingston. EI was acquired by Techcomp Instruments in 2012 and its sales have tripled since then with an exciting pipeline of innovative new products to drive future growth. EI have an international distribution, supplier and customer base. As an employer we offer flexible working - start times (0800-1000 hrs daily). It’s a great place to work.