Job Title: Logistics Manager (with a global remit)
Client: Edinburgh Instruments Ltd
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Remuneration: Competitive package
Edinburgh Instruments are recruiting a Logistics Manger for their Livingston Headquarters. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a world leading instrumentation manufacturer who ship state-of-the-art instrumentation into leading research facilities and universities around the world. The company is also involved in the manufacture of industrial gas sensors and the sale of sister company products (manufactured in the EU, Switzerland and China) within the UK
The role would suit an experienced Logistics Manager with knowledge of air freight and trade compliance including SPIRE export control. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the timely shipping of all our products and the importation of components, raw materials and sister company products including scientific instruments, balances and ultra-low temperature freezers.
- Overall responsibility for global logistics planning, ensuring: compliance with relevant regulations; effective and efficient service to customers, on-time collections and deliveries
- Negotiate and oversee the management of logistics associated outsourced services including Liaising with freight carriers, obtaining quotes, booking of transport and negotiating freight contracts
- Preparation of shipping documentation (invoices, purchase orders and bills of lading)
- Organisation or relevant import and export documentation.
- Ensuring compliance with HM Customs and SPIRE legislative requirements for import and export
- Provide logistical support for other divisions of the company located on site including development and marketing departments.
- Maintenance of commodity codes on all products
- Plan shipments based on product availability and customer requests
- Provide information to customers about the status of their orders
- Maintain updated records of orders, suppliers and customers
- Ensuring POD's are received for all shipments.
- Liaise with customer arranged freight carriers
- Manage and maintain outstanding levels of customer service to ensure efficiency throughout the logistics operation
- Ensuring that agreed client service levels are met
- Experience as a Logistics Manager or similar role
- University degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or relevant field (candidates who do not have a degree but have other relevant qualifications and demonstrable experience will be considered).
- ERP Systems experience
- Knowledge of logistics software or transport management systems
- Experience with letters of credit and other financial instruments for international trade
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Experience dealing with freight companies within the UK and internationally
- Able to communicate at all levels within the business
- PC Literate and proficient knowledge of MS Office packages
- Valid UK work permit and/or settled/pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme.
Additional Details About the Role
Hours: Contracted hours are 37.5 hours per week with flexible working hours.
Benefits: After an initial qualifying period and subject to the company’s terms and conditions of employment Edinburgh Instruments offers a comprehensive range of benefits including performance related bonus scheme, paid sickness, death in service, permanent health insurance, private medical insurance, pension scheme, paid holidays with flexible statutory days and subsidised gym membership.
Salary: A competitive salary package is available to the right candidate.
Why Edinburgh Instruments?
For 50 years, Edinburgh Instruments have been providing customers at leading-edge research institutes, academic and industrial facilities with high-end, high-value scientific instrumentation. Products combine customisation, user-friendliness and high performance and are experiencing higher-than-ever demand worldwide. Edinburgh Instruments pride themselves in providing customers with industry-leading support and the successful candidate will be entrusted to ensure smooth transport of our precision equipment from our factory to leading academic institutions and research facilities around the world.
Edinburgh Instruments is part of Techcomp Ltd a Hong Kong based Scientific Instrumentation company with offices and manufacturing facilities around the world.