Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing.
Job Title; Management Accountant
Client: Edinburgh Instruments Ltd (part of the global Techcomp Instruments Group)
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Are you looking for a career move into a fast-moving, international, entrepreneurial business without the bureaucracy and formalities of the bigger corporate? Due to our ongoing business growth we’re hiring a Management Accountant into a brand-new role to further develop and strengthen our financial analytics to support well-informed decision making – you’ll enjoy turning data into insights and bringing the numbers to life. It’s a really exciting time to join us.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, you’ll join the Finance team (4) who are responsible for management accounting, group reporting, statutory compliance, R&D grant applications and transactional processing. The company is a highly profitable global technology business and forms part of a European group of Scientific Instrument manufacturers. The company also hosts the global research and technology hub with over 75 engineers and application scientists on site. As Management Accountant your remit will be to support our senior managers with quality financial information and insight and to support the Acting Group CEO with the European group monthly management reporting and our annual planning and budgeting process.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitoring of profitability across our product groups
- Analysis of trends and variances
- Communication of key insights to key stakeholders incl. EI management team and Group CEO
- Management of budgeting and forecasting processes
- Support the further development of our Business Intelligence systems, process improvements and business initiatives
- Competitor analysis
- Development/prep of an evolving monthly management accounts pack
- Developing skills to utilise the ERP system and other supporting tools to automate as much reporting as possible, freeing up more time for analysis.
- Business partnering with key internal and external stakeholders on regular basis to build successful relationships, resulting in better business knowledge and increased commercial acumen.
- Helping Accounts team with month end tasks: booking accrual journals, preparing/reviewing BS reconciliations
Our new Management Accountant will be CIMA or ACCA qualified, intellectually astute with strong commercial acumen and experience of working in a manufacturing and/or commercial research environment. In addition, your profile will include:
- A good understanding of modern management information systems
- Advanced MS Excel: modelling/forecasting/consolidation
- Strong presentation, reporting & communication skills
- Strategic thinking
- A good track record in financial forecasting and planning
- An entrepreneurial outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attitude toward problem-solving and data-driven change management
An additional language would be beneficial (Chinese, French, German, Dutch) as would experience of successfully securing government research grant funding.
Edinburgh Instruments Limited (EI) is a £20m turnover international market leader in molecular spectroscopy products. With a strong reputation for innovation and customer service and employing a highly skilled workforce of approximately 150 people we are based at our recently renovated campus in Livingston. EI was acquired by Techcomp Instruments in 2012 and its sales have tripled since then with an exciting pipeline of innovative new products to drive future growth. EI have an international distribution, supplier and customer base. As an employer we offer flexible working - start times (0800-1000 hrs daily). It’s a great place to work.