Status: Paused. Under review.
Job Title: International Service Manager
Client: Techcomp Group, Lab Products Division
Remuneration: Competitive Salary and benefits package
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Techcomp Europe (TEU) is part of the Hong Kong headquartered global Techcomp Instrument Ltd (TIL) Group, which consists of a group of scientific instrument manufacturing businesses. TEU has offices and production sites in multiple European countries and are now looking to hire an International Service Manager to cover their product portfolio from the brands of Froilabo (France, Romania), Precisa (Switzerland), Dynamica (China), Precisa (UK) and the DS5 product from our Edinburgh Instruments product line.
The role will be based at TEU headquarters in Livingston, Scotland with the expectation of travelling to mainland Europe to visit group companies when required.
Responsibilities will include:
• taking overall responsibility for the success of the product lines in terms of after sales service and support
• Preparation and review of existing documentation (service manuals, troubleshooting guides, certification)
• Overview and support of regular training courses and material (such as video, presentations) for dealers and customers
• Providing 1st class service support for our dealers and customers through the inception of an international call centre and devolvement of calls to our respective teams
• Regular review of support activities and proactive improvement and refinement of support provision
• contributing towards product strategy and vision
• meeting regularly with all stakeholders, including product developers, marketing, customer service, finance and company heads
• managing one or more budgets for service support and consumables/spare parts sales.
• researching competitors and similar products
• Management of the Precisa UK service team and maintenance of accreditation and certification to the ISO17025 and ISO9001 schemes that we are party to.
In addition, the role may involve giving presentations at user seminars, workshops and conferences throughout the world as well as attending relevant exhibitions and so the ability to present ideas and information accurately in a clear and concise manner is critical.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
• Scientific degree (chemistry, biochemistry, physics or similar), ideally a higher degree such as an MSc/PhD would be preferable but not essential. Candidates who do not have formal qualifications but can demonstrate relevant work experience will also be considered
• Experience of working in a laboratory environment
• Previous experience in regulatory and Quality systems such as ISO9001, ISO17025 and ISO13485 would be extremely advantageous
• Knowledge of scientific refrigeration in particular would be advantageous
• Good and methodical/thorough writing and proofing skills for preparation of service material, quality manuals and systems.
• The ability to communicate in either French or German would be advantageous
• The candidate must possess a valid UK work permit and / or EU residency qualification
Attributes and Abilities:
• Ideally suited for someone with a passion for science and systems to support the sales and support of our products
• Highly driven and motivated individual with a track record of achievement
• Being comfortable to work cross-culturally
• Enthusiasm, confidence and professionalism with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage and negotiate are an important part of this role
• Responsiveness and focus, combined with attention to detail are essential
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision as well as part of a team
• Self-motivated, able to work under pressure, with the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines with proven analytical and numerical skills
• Flexibility to travel nationally and internationally with a full valid driving licence and valid passport
• Capability to provide simple solutions to technical problems and based on customer requirements
• After an initial qualifying period and subject to the company’s terms and conditions of employment paid sickness, death in service, permanent health insurance, private medical insurance, pension scheme, paid holidays and relevant statutory days as taken by the company
• A competitive salary package is available to the right candidate
• The role will report into the General Lab Products Division
• Constant communication and support with our French, Swiss, Chinese and UK Service teams will be critical to the role and the success of our global business development