Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing
Job Title: NPD Projects Manager
Client: Carrs Foods International
Location: South Manchester (easy access M6, M60, M56)
Remuneration: to £60,000 plus very attractive benefits package & flexible working (start 8am-10am)
Overall Purpose & Key Responsibiliities:
- To lead the project management of the NPD plan to successfully launch new products and manage existing products within agreed timescales.
- Project landscape - have overall visibility and control of all ongoing global NPD projects, report on progress at the various project stages and milestones.
- Guide our bakery partners in developing market leading bakery products for our various brands and private label customers.
- Build strong working relationships with both new and existing supply partners.
- Identify and develop business with new supply partners.
- Ensure factory trials are planned and carried out to a critical path schedule using a standardised approach,
- Ensure outcomes are effectively captured and communicated to stakeholders.
- Work with multifunctional cross disciplined teams.
- Build customer relationships both in the UK and USA.
- Act as one of our 'relationship ambassadors' across the sector.
Qualifications: Degree in an appropriate food science discipline.
Essential skills and experience:
- Food sector experience (essential); an understanding of bakery (advantage)
- Project Management - a significant track record managing and reporting on projects from concept through to launch.
- Experience carrying out product evaluation and critique; plus sufficient experience conducting factory trials and involvement in the NPD process.
- Understanding of the cost drivers of successful NPD and how to maximise them.
- An experienced key stakeholder relationship developer/manager and exceptional communicator;
- Exposure to retailers, with an understanding of their requirements;
- Ability to evaluate data;
- Good report writing skills;
- Working knowledge of microbiology/HACCP.
- Understanding of UK Food Legislation.
- Demonstrate a passion for the food industry with a creative, flexible and knowledgeable approach.
- Ability to travel frequently - our factory locations are in the UK, Europe, USA and Canada.