Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing
Job Title: Finance Analyst (US & European Markets)
Client: Carrs Foods International Ltd
Location: Sharston, South Manchester M22 4BB
Remuneration: to £40k depending on experience plus Pension, Bonus, PHI, Life Assurance and flexi start time
Carrs Foods is a fast moving entrepreneurial business without the bureaucracy and formalities of the bigger corporate. We are an international branded bakery business, with a turnover of £48m (& growing), a profit of £5m and 24 employees. We are customer focused, with a strong reputation for innovation. All production and logistics are outsourced. With an impressive business plan for further growth via new products and markets, this is a brand new role and really exciting time to join the team.
Some Key Facts
- 200+ different products are shipped from 20+ bakeries across Europe to warehouses in the UK and US for onward distribution to 100+ European and 500+ US customers of varying sizes and requirements.
- The International team currently consists of 2 people. (incl. International Director). US exports have grown from <£2m in 2015 to £18m in 2017. As a result of our phenomenal growth we were ranked No.7 in the Sunday Times International 200 league table.
- The Finance team of 5 people, is responsible for all customer orders, transactional processing, compliance and management accounting.
- The Supply Chain team of 4 people, is responsible for the purchasing, transportation and storage of all goods, through close relationships with third party suppliers
- The new Finance Analyst will sit between these teams to provide the expert commercial and operational support needed to maximise our ongoing growth and profitability.
- To support our US export growth through close co-ordination with our US distributor and through the development of pricing, costing and forecast models.
- To support our European profitability through development of costing and Business Intelligence systems.
- Maximise customer service and to minimise lost revenue through analysis of credit notes raised.
- This is a hands-on role with opportunities to get involved in a wide variety of activities
Job Content – cross functional support
Management of the US export forecast model. Planning purchases from bakeries to meet US demand Analysis of trends in commodity prices and their impact on our cost base. Reviewing and defending price increase requests from bakeries
Dealing with more complex credit note requests from US & domestic customers. Monitoring the volumes and types of credit notes. Identification of trends and root cause analysis to improve customer experience and reduce losses to the company. Ensuring that correct price and technical information is held by our US distributor. Sharing market intelligence and providing forecasting support to our US distributor
Analysis of company-wide profitability and provision of recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance. Ownership of the costing model for Europe and the US. Transparency of margins, even where we buy in Euro and sell in US Dollars. Development and maintenance of our Qlik Sense Business Intelligence tool. Production of management information based on internal data, purchased data and US market data and intelligence from our US distributor. Centralisation of US processes and data to create a fit for purpose US export function within the company.
Education, Training and Qualifications:
CIMA or ACCA qualified (or part-qualified)
Skills and Experience:
- Possess expert-level analytical and financial modelling skills.
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases and financial software packages.
- Strong presentation, reporting and communication skills.
- Strategic thinking.
- Experience of operating in international multi-currency markets, with stakeholders across different time zones.
- Significant experience developing and working with costing and pricing models.
- A good track record in financial forecasting.
- Ability to engage and influence by phone, email and face to face with external supply partners, distributors and customers
Hands-on and pragmatic Self motivated and proactive. Commercially aware with sound commercial judgement. Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team. Assertive but not confrontational. Outstanding attention to detail and time management skills. An interest in process improvement. Flexible approach to tasks performed and hours worked.
Occasional international travel may be required