Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing.
Job Title: Product Development Manager
Client: Techcomp Europe
Location: Livingston, Scotland (M8 corridor)
Salary: £60,000 plus pension & phi (relocation assistance available)
Techcomp Europe Ltd is a leading scientific instruments business comprising a group of European companies involved in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of analytical systems, life science equipment and laboratory instruments. Techcomp Europe Ltd is owned by Techcomp (Holdings) Ltd, who are listed on the Hong Kong stock exchange. The company emplys over 800 people worldwide with manufacturing sites in China, Europe and the USA.
Products include spectrophotometers, spectrofluorometers, chromatographs, GC and GC-MS systems, precision balancers, freezers, ovens, incubators and centrifuges.
Job Purpose & Key Responsibilities:
The Product Development Manager is a new role with responsibility for setting up and establishing a new group 'product development' function for Techcomp Europe; this includes defining, creating and hiring your new team; developing new internal processes to manage NPD from concept to launch; and for the management of future group product development centrally:
- Create and lead a world-class development team to design the next generation of analytical products for the Techcomp group as well as developing feature enhancements for the current product range
- Manage a multi disciplinary team including mechanical, electronic and optical design as well as software
- Working closely with teh Techcomp marketing teams and manufacturing sites to create and manage a stage gate process to take products from idea gate through to launch
- Degree qualified in science or engineering
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing a multi disciplinary team, ideally in the scientific instrumentation or technology product markets, with experience in optical spectroscopy or spectrophotometry being of particular interest
- A track record of delivering projects on time and to budget
- Must have an understanding of new product development processes and product life cycle management
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, including writing of technical documents
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be detailed orientated and be able to work through complex issues with a methodological approach
- Must be able to understand and distil data into actionable items
- Willing to undertake international travel