Status: Now closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing
Job Title: European Purchasing Manager
Client: Houghton International (www.houghtonintl.com)
Location: Based at Trafford Park Manchester (regular European travel required)
Salary: £60,000 plus bonus, car, pension, phi
Status: Permanent full time
Job Purpose: To manage the European direct and indirect spend of ca 110M euros to support manufacturing: ensure continuity of supply and deliver savings per annum. Manage the procurement and material scheduling teams at manufacturing plants and sales entities to deliver company requirements on Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS), Raw Materials (RM) and 3rd party product availability, cost reduction targets, financial measures such as inventory and DPO and other project work as it arises. Deliver RM forecasts to the business to determine FG pricing strategy.
- Provide strategic direction to Regional Category Manager and Procurement Specialist at Houghton International.
- Shapes/defines/employs the best risk management strategies across the commodities and ensures policies are adhered to within region and across company.
- Provides methodology for materials forecasting and ensures proper follow-up with Direct Reports.
- Selection and prioritisation of Strategic Sourcing initiatives across categories and regions.
- Oversees overall savings plan for raw materials and indirect goods and services for fiscal year.
- Main link to Functional Heads in setting annual savings targets and project plans.
- Works with Regional Category Manager and Procurement Specialists on goals and savings objectives for the year.
- Assigns key supplier ownerships throughout and actively oversees relationships with key suppliers.
- Drives procurement best practices based on internal and external benchmarking.
- Supports Procurement strategy development and ensures implementation by working with Procurement Specialists and Supply Chain to determine priorities and resources.
- Works with Functional Heads to define appropriate strategic sourcing efforts for the year.
- Provides input into the key parameters and main metrics for measuring Procurement effectiveness.
- Tracks and reviews high level metrics and achievement of goals of Direct Reports, evaluates performance on a yearly basis; mentors Direct Reports.
- Provides strategic direction and support for Global best sourcing when and where appropriate.
- Oversees and tracks activities of 3rd Party Suppliers (Tollers).
- 4 direct reports and each of the 4 manufacturing sites.
- European coverage (but predominantly Western Europe)
- Matrix reports at the sales entities
- Ca 900 RM and 500 suppliers
- The post holder will also contribute to global initiatives in the US and Far East.
- Degree education / of graduate calibre
- MCIPS qualified (or be working towards)
- Experience in the Chemicals / Petrochemicals industry. It would be an advantage to have current knowledge within Oils and speciality additives categories.
- Previous line management experience.
- Solid functional experience in Procurement, Sales or Marketing, Manufacturing, Business Management is preferred.
- International/multinational experience preferred. European experience.
- Second language skills an advantage.