Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing.
Role Title: HR Business Partner, Northern Europe
Client: Houghton International
Location: Trafford Park, Manchester
Remuneration: to £65,000 package including car allowance, pension, bonus
Work in partnership with the Northern Management Team and BV managers to provide HR services, management and support that enables your client group to effectively deliver their people plans. Lead in the area of organisational excellence planning and provide an internal service that delivers best practice and commercially focused HR solutions that support the business area in conjunction with corporate HR functions. Provide expertise in a specialist area of HR.
- Provide HRBP support to the key client countries of UK, Ireland, Nordics and BV heads in your country.
- Position the role of HRBP as an integral part of the region's management team.
- To champion the decisions that require matrix management support to ensure all managers have contributed.
- Proactively gain client feedback to aid HR functions, improve service levels and alert HR areas where an issue/project many impact on other areas.
- Equip clients with the appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people in line with their people plans.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide project management support and HR expertise to the business with specific related projects.
- Drive, influence, advise and support the cultural and people aspect of organisational change, structures, people processes and business improvement initiatives. Provide transformational advice and transactional support.
- Embed a performance management culture - ensure clear objectives, feedback and improvement of customer service through behaviours aligned with our values.
Communications and Employee Engagement
- Working in partnership with the business to manage employee relations issues included the ongoing relations with TU committees (where appropriate).
- Manage the communications of and action planning from the employee engagement survey in your countries.
- Identify short, medium and long term resourcing issues. Develop and maintain local manpower plans.
- Support the business area with the management development of their people and organisational succession planning, PDPs etc.
Reward and Recognition
- Develop with clients local reward and recognition strategies. Support job evaluation / pay benchmarking. Pay award support.
- Be the responsible person in your region for the control environment relating to payroll and people data. Ensure compliance to legal and company requirements.
- Coach and Mentor one direct report - HR Advisor, Northern Europe
Sumary Person Specification:
- CIPD qualified
- A proven track record as an HR generalist with experience of:
- developing and maintaining excellent working relationships within HR and the business
- effective challenging and influencing skills at senior manager level
- providing a service with service level agreements
- managing significant organisational change, strategic initiatives and projects
- delivering HR strategy in line with business needs
- A team player, capable of operating across a matrix structure
- Commercially focused with the ability to develop and deliver a business plan
- Ability to manage own time and workload to juggle conflicting priorities
- Demonstrate evidence of influencing and coaching skills
- Advising on complicated Employee Relationsh issues
- Up to date understanding of Employment Legislation
- Some experience of working in a unionised enviroment (although not a significant part of the role)
- Ability to oversee HR in a controlled environment (governance)
- HR Shared Service / operational understanding is desirable as the business moves towards this model.
- Good HR systems knowledge (e.g. Ceridien HRe) would be very welcome
- Customer focused / employee engagement focus (Net promoter score)
- Some experience of working in a multi location / site operation preferred. European experience not essential but useful.
- Experience from one or more of the following sectors is particularly relevant: chemicals, manufacturing, engineering, service, facilities management, logistics, energy.
Note that there will be a requirement for occasional European travel within your region, and UK travel to service centre sites.