Role: Head of Finance and Operations
Client: To be advised
Duration of job: Permanent
Remuneration: £70,000 package
Advise the Directors and the Board on all matters relating to Finance and Operations (including tax) to enable achievement of Company growth ambitions and Business Plan. Lead financial planning: provide financial decision support and monitor, report on, and control financial performance whilst ensuring full regulatory compliance. Plan, develop and lead the Finance and Operations function (including IT) so it supports the growth of the business, enabling the Company to provide a world class service to its clients.
- Lead, motivate grow and develop the Finance and Operations team in line with Company growth plans, creating the Finance and Operations capability needed.
- Monitor performance against forecast and budget and lead the provision of accurate monthly financial reporting to the Board. Provide timely information and advice to the Board as required enabling achievement of the Business Plan.
- Lead the tracking and analysis of project performance to enable the Board to maximise profitability on client projects.
- Ensure comprehensive cash flow analysis, forecasting and management. Ensure the Company maximises returns on available cash.
- Minimise company taxation charge and ensure ongoing compliance with taxation regulations.
- Manage the Company's relationship with auditors, accountants, financial advisors and lenders. Ensure the Company has the best partners and access to the best advice.
- Ensure the provision of all accounting, financial reporting and accounting policy and procedures.
- Lead the financial contribution to business planning and ensure accurate financial forecasting.
- Continually review and establish fit for purpose finance processes, procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate internal accounting controls.
- Review and recommend the Finance and Operations structure required to support the Company as it grows. Review the company operational requirements, including IT. Make recommendations on how best to provide these for the future.
- Manage the delivery of all operational support processes to projects, directors and consultants, ensuring the service is efficient and as cost effective as possible.
- Work with the current team to identify operational improvement opportunities, so clients receive a world class service. Recommend changes to the Board or Operations Committee (as appropriate) for approval and implement them.
- Direct the day-to-day flow of the Company's IT utilisation and facilitate the timely delivery of IT services through the Company's IT processes.
- Identify key operational and financial risks and ensure that effective systems of controls are in place throughout the Company to mitigate and/or manage them.
- Ensure compliance with all financial, operational, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to the business and ensure that appropriate and satisfactory systems are in place to monitor compliance.
- Provide the Company's bankers with all information reasonably requested by them and ensure compliance with the terms of any banking facilities provided by the Company.
- Deploy the capabilities of the financial system to provide detail and analysis on project profitability, overheads, and to support effective business decision making.
Experience and qualifications:
Educated to degree level
- A recognised UK accounting qualification from eithr the ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales), ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountancts) or CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants)
- A minimum of five years post qualifiecation
- Must either have led the finance function of a business of similar scale and complexity, or acted as number two in the finance function of a larger (similar) entity
- Experience of running opertations, preferably in a professional service environment
- Able to grow a function and re-engineer processes
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent commercial judgment and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
The Assessment Process:
The assessment process provides both parties with the opportunities to assess the cultural and team fit, individual and organisation aspirations, and details of key objectives and priorities for the role. Elaine Rippon is the retained consultant for this assignment.