Director of Finance and Operations
Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing
Role: Director of Finance and Operations
Client: To be advised
Reporting to: Convening Partner, with dotted line to Chairman
Location: Central London (plus requirement to travel to other locations including Finance and Operations office in Chippenham, Wiltshire)
Duration of job: Permanent
Remuneration: Six figure package
As a member of the Co Company Executive Committee, advise the Board on all matters relating to Finance and Operations to enable achievement of Company growth ambitions and Business Plan. Lead financial planning; provide financial decison support and monitor, report on and control financial performance whilst ensuring full regulatory compliance. Plan, develop and lead the Finance and Operations function (including IT) so it supports the growth of the business, enabling the Company to provide a world class service to its clients.
- As a member of the Co Company Executive Committee, lead, motivate, grow and develop the Finance and Operations team in line with company growth plans, creating the Finance and Operations capability needed to achieve the strategic plan.
- Produce and interpret management information, and manage the planning and forecasting cycles. Monitor performance against forecast and provide timely information and advice to the Board as required, enabling achievement of the Business Plan.
- Lead the tracking and analysis of company performance to enable the Board to optimise sales and revenue, client and project profitability, costs and cash-flow.
- Manage company tax affairs, optimising the company's position regarding tax, and ensuring ongoing compliance with taxation regualations.
- Mange Co Company's relationships with auditors, accountants, financial advisors and lenders. Ensure the company has the best partners and access to the best advice.
- Advise the Bord on all remuneration matter, including directors, employees and associates.
- Ensure the provision of all accounting, financial reporting and accounting policy and procedures.
- Manage Co Company's IT services.
- Continually review and improve finance processes, procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate internal accounting controls.
- Manage and continuously improve Finance and Operations (including IT) processes, structures and systems.
- Manage the delivery of all operational support (people and processes) to projects, directors and consultants ensuring the service is as efficient and cost effective as possible.
- Identify key operational and financial risks and ensure that effective systems of controls are in place throughout Co Company to mitigate and/or manage them.
- Ensure compliance with all financial, operational, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to the business and ensure that appropriate and satisfactory systems are in place to monitor compliance.
- Provide the Company's bankers with all information reasonably requested by them and ensure compliance with the terms of any banking facilities provided to Co Company.
Status: Closed - Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing
Role: HR Manager (European context)
Remuneration: £40,000 plus benefits
Location: Trafford Park, Manchester
A role has become available to initially provide maternity cover covering two priority areas until November 2014, after which a permanent position as the Regional HR Operational Manager will become available.
EU Shared Services
- Super User of the HR System and act as the main point of contact for queries relating to data, reporting and system usage within the European HR Department and ensure compliance.
- Drive and improve salary management and incentive programmes (i.e. job evaluation system, salary ranges, EOP process etc) across Europe.
- European Compensation Committee co-ordination.
- European change project management.
- European Policy and Procedures development, management and implementation e.g. payroll, learning and development, cars etc to ensure employee engagement and business excellence.
- Management and selection of European suppliers e.g. EAP, Recruitment.
- Analyse and produce HR metrics e.g. Headcount movement summary, monthly headcount reports and headcount reconciliation reports, quarterley headcount reports; turnover; absence statistics.
Regional HR Operations
- Overall HR responsibility for 5 countries and 275+ employees.
- Partner with managers and leaders across the business.
- Responsible for performance, recognition, compensation, talent management and recruitment within the region.
- Identify opportunities to improve organisation capability.
- Payroll approval for region.
- Line management responsibility for a team of 2.
- Contribute to HR planning and strategy.
- Ensure implementation of HR policies.
- Provided direction on complex HR and business issues.
- Analyse and produce HR metrics.
- Budget management.
- HR and business communications within the region.
- 5+ years generalist experience inc. TUPE and redundancy.
- Employee Engagement and Employee Relations (TU) experience.
- Project management and communications in large scale HR projects.
- Experience with an HR data system (Ceridian desirable).
- A good working knowledge of Excel, analysis and presentation.
- Language capability
- CIPD graduate
- European HR experience or employment law knowledge
Marketing Lead and Sales Support Manager
Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing.
Role: Marketing Lead and Sales Support Manager
Client: Carrs Foods International
Location: South Manchester
Duration of job: Permanent
Remuneration: Up to £40,000 depending on experience, plus discretionary bonus and 26 days holiday
Context and Environment:
Carrs Foods is an award winnng supplier of European bakery products, bringing innovation across morning goods, bread and cakes. Within these categories, the company provides over 200 private label and branded products across the major multiples, symbol groups, independent retailers, wholesale cash and carry groups, the food sector and business to business markets in the UK, Australia and North America.
With a reputation for quality and reliability, gained over three decades of experience working within European bakery, Carrs Foods has been busy developing and taking on new brands - Baker Street, St Pierre and Gavottes are of particular significance. The company now needs to develop its marketing support for an international launch and ongoing exports.
- Website development and management - the company is looking to develop export specific areas of the site; for example, covering St Pierre launch in USA February 2014.
- Co-ordinating packaging development with outside designers / management team.
- Promoting brands using trade media; liaising with Brand Bank; attending photo shoots and maintaing photo library.
- Developin and implementing social media strategy.
- Management and evaluation of new product ideas coming into the business.
- Ensure taste panels are set up internally / externally and results fed back to the team.
- Evaluating opportunities commercially using costing models and feeding back to sales team.
- Market data/Trends/Gap Analysis.
- Trademark applications.
- Database management.
Page 12 of 21