Vacancy Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing.
Client: Tata Steel Projects (a division of the global Tata Group)
Job Title: Business Manager - Industrial, Energy & Power
Location: UK - flexible location within the TSP business (York, Manchester, West Cumbria, Birmingham)
Remuneration: Substantial Salary plus car/car allowance, bonus, pension, phi
The customer-focused Business Manager will lead business activities in the provision of heavy engineering, fabrication and manufacturing services to several market leading customers. The Business Manager is responsible for P&L and representing customer interests within the organisation's matrix structure.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The customer-focused Business Manager will lead business activities in the provision of heavy engineering, fabrication and manufacturing services to several market leading customers. The Business Manager is responsible for P & L and representing customer interests within the organisation’s matrix structure.
· Engaging with customers at all stages of the project life cycle from enquiry identification through to
· Build sustainable relationships with customers and internal service providers
· Identify and develop new opportunities and provide guidance on tendering activity
· Make a major contribution to the delivery of sector business turnover and profitability targets
· Act as a key point of contact for the business and provide advice and guidance on where best to
position products and services
· Utilise market knowledge to influence business strategy, investment and direction
· Develop and maintain network links to enable monitoring of competitor activity
· Reporting to the sector Director and member of the sector steering board.
TSP provides strategically important services to internal customers within the Tata Group and works in partnership with FTSE 100 companies to deliver high quality, innovative and responsive solutions to meet their individual requirements across a wide range of market sectors.
TSP is now focusing on significant growth within the industrial, energy and power industries and this role plays a significant part in developing key customer relationships in order to secure new business development opportunities and further development of innovative products and services. In the energy sector, experience in nuclear, oil and gas or renewables would be of particular interest.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
· Good knowledge of most aspects of heavy engineering including welding, fabrication and machining
· Highly experienced in bespoke high tolerance heavy fabrication and manufacturing projects.
· Ideally degree qualified or equivalent
· Membership of a relevant professional body
· Several years post graduation experience
· A track record of anticipating and resolving engineering and project delivery challenges.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Passionate about high levels of customer service.
· Pragmatic and professional approach
· Effective leadership skills
· Customer First.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making
· Drive for Results
· Interpersonal Effectiveness
Tata Steel Projects is a multi-disciplinary solutions business that provides a full range of services, from consultancy, design and engineering through to manufacture, installation and on site project management. The business works in partnership with customers to deliver high quality, innovative and responsive solutions to meet individual requirements across a wide range of market sectors
TSP operates across two manufacturing operations and several engineering consultancy offices and employs circa 650 people across a broad spectrum of skills, from skilled manufacturing technicians to highly qualified professional engineers.
Gross profit: £13.4million
Number of employees: circa 650