Job Title: HR Manager
Client: Scion Instruments Ltd
Location: Livingston, West Lothian
Remuneration: Competitive package including excellent benefits and flexible working
About Scion Instruments
Scion Instruments designs, manufactures and markets GC, GC-MS, Headspace and HPLC systems along with a full range of accessories, consumables and support services. Scion Instruments also markets CompassCDS™ stand-alone and client-server chromatography data systems.
Scion Instruments has facilities in Livingston Scotland, Goes, Netherlands, Canada, USA as well as manufacturing in Shanghai, China. Scion Instruments is part of the Techcomp Group of Companies. More information about Scion Instruments is available at www.scioninstruments.com.
Reporting to the Head of HR (Edinburgh Instruments) with a dotted reporting line to the CEO of Scion Instruments. This standalone role will have full responsibility for all aspects of HR and will support payroll processing within both our Livingston, UK and Goes, Netherlands offices. As a key member of the management team the HR Manager will be expected to partner with the CEO and senior management team to develop HR initiatives and drive HR strategy in line with organisational objectives and legislative requirements. This position will be based at our offices in Livingston.
- Work with the CEO and Head of HR to design and implement HR initiatives in line with business needs and strive towards continuous process improvement.
- Responsible for all HR processes and strategies including but not limited to recruitment, employee onboarding, talent management, employee engagement, retention strategies and performance management.
- Develop, implement, and update HR policies and procedures to ensure that they are compliant with changing legislation and best practice. Provide managers and employees with advice and support on interpreting these policies and guidance on their application.
- Act as the first point of contact for all manager and employee queries ensuring that advice given is in line with the legislation and Company policies.
- Lead and coach line managers on various employee relations issues including absence management, performance management and all other disciplinary and grievance matters.
- Ensure that compensation and benefit strategies are consistent with the market and in line with business strategy. Fully manage all benefit schemes including administration, annual reviews and providing information to managers and employees.
- Identify, develop, and implement training and development programs in line with business objectives.
- Develop a positive working environment, encouraging a proactive approach to people's well-being and high performance.
- Maintain knowledge of the relevant legislation and governmental reporting regulations affecting the HR function.
- Provide the senior management team with employee turnover, absence, headcount and compensation
- Submit monthly payroll data to the finance team and third-party payroll providers.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What will convince us:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or relevant work experience.
- Broad generalist HR experience.
- Worked in a similar standalone position.
- Prior payroll experience would be beneficial.
- Strong understanding of UK employment legislation.
- Knowledge of Dutch legislation would be highly beneficial in this position.
- Well versed in standard Microsoft Office packages such as Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and passionate about your work
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships across the business
- A willingness to travel as required.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow's society.
SCION Instruments, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including flexible working hours. Furthermore, SCION Instruments offers a wide range of training possibilities.
By joining the SCION Instruments team, you will be part of a team of disruptive engineers and thinkers. Together, with a team of Sales/Product Managers/Marketing, you will work on state of the art technologies that has a legacy of over 50 years.