Role: Sales Manager UK (Lab Products)
Client: Techcomp Europe, Lab Products Group
Location: Remote / Home based (the region for this role is Southern England & Wales and so logistically it would be preferable for the Sales Engineer to be located within reasonable distance. However we encourage applications from good candidates and so if you are not in this region, please get in touch as we would still like to have a conversation at least)
Remuneration: Competitive salary (dependent on experience) plus commission, car/allowance and excellent benefits package
Background to role:
Reporting into the Country Sales Manager – Lab Products, the Sales Engineer will lead and manage all sales activities within Southern England & Wales for the Techcomp Group Lab Product portfolio (which includes our Precisa, Froilabo and Edinburgh Sensors brands. Ensuring consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues within the defined regions through proactive outbound prospecting and effective management of the existing customer base.
- Precisa – management of UK direct & dealer sales of Precisa weighing equipment and service contracts.
- Froilabo – direct and distribution sales into the UK market.
- Identification and recruitment of distribution partners in your region for our Group products
- Supporting local Sales and Service operatives to maximise opportunities for Techcomp Group Products into the UK Market.
- Assist and help co-ordinate activities and information with UK peers across industry sectors and key customers and share ideas and market intelligence.
- Form part of an informal UK Techcomp sales team and assist in establishing regular meetings, communications and working practices to support one another.
- Support and meet customers end-users and distributors in the UK and occasionally EMEA
- Perform field demonstrations and presentations of equipment and discuss technical details with prospective customers.
- Qualify leads and follow them through to closure
- Support dealers and internal customers on tender submissions and technical specification requirements
- Attend trade shows, exhibitions, conferences to promote Techcomp Group products
- Exchange information with co-workers on UK market, competitor activities and collaborate on cross-selling opportunities.
- Ability to generate new leads through networking and prospecting activities
- Prepare quotations using CRM and quotation software
- Forecast sales on a monthly basis, meet agreed targets and professionally manage your pipeline.
- Additional ad hoc duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Scientific degree (Chemistry, Physics, Biophysics or similar) or alternatively, relevant experience in the industry and a good understanding of General Laboratory environments and their applications.
- Proven sales experience, understanding the academic sales process, distributor management and support and end-user sales in a B2B environment.
- Highly driven individual with a track record of over-achieving quotas.
- A good technical knowledge and level of understanding of analytical and life science environments and equipment.
- Product training, capable of performing demonstrations and practical support to dealers and end-users.
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management.
- Full, clean driving license to facilitate independent and flexible travel through the UK for sales visits, demonstrations, and support activities.
- Dependability: Punctual; Good attendance record; Work with minimal supervision and direction; Can be counted on to handle special duties; Follow-up on issues without prompting; Meet deadlines.
- Initiative and Leadership: Self-starter; Help others when needed; Flexible; Show desire to master job, take pride in work and seek continuous improvement; Actively tackle problems; Seek new opportunities; Strive to see projects to completion.
- Problem Solving: Identify, resolve, and consult on problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyse information skillfully; Develop alternative solutions and prospects.
- Customer Service: Proactively anticipate and respond promptly to internal and external customer needs; respond to all requests for service and assistance.
- Oral and Written Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of internal business stakeholders and external customers and suppliers.
- Planning and Organising: Prioritise and plan work activities; React positively to pressure situations; Ensure information is organized and accessible.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Ensure you and others around you work in a safe manner and maintain safe workspace.
- Reporting any health and safety hazards or accidents to the QHSE Manager.
Must have flexibility to travel nationally to visit customer sites and attend conferences to promote Lab Products Group and visit manufacturing locations in Europe and beyond. Travel is expected to be up to 50% of the time predominantly in the UK.