Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing.
The Role: Senior HR Advisor
Client: St Pierre Groupe Ltd
Location: Didsbury, South Manchester M20 2LX
Package: circa £35k dependent on experience plus excellent benefits package including 15% performance bonus, private health, 26 days holiday and flexi-working around core hours
St Pierre Groupe Ltd is a fast moving entrepreneurial business. An international market leader in bakery products. Our business is booming in the US, UK and globally via our delicious brands – St Pierre, our fast growing global French bakery brand, along with our UK favourite brands of Baker St and Paul Hollywood. Our turnover is £110m (& growing) and we are fast approaching nearly 85 employees. We are customer focused, with a strong reputation for innovation. All production and logistics are outsourced. St Pierre Groupe has an international supplier and customer base.
We now seek a Senior HR Advisor to join our small HR function and build on the foundations already in place, and further develop an HR function to support our continued growth globally. Our Head of HR will be out of the business for a period of time on maternity leave and so this will initially be a near stand-alone role - which for the right candidate is a great opportunity.
The Role & Responsibilities:
- Help drive alignment between HR strategy and business goals.
- First point of contact for HR related queries for employees, hiring managers and senior management
- Own the full Employee Life Cycle including preparing all employee documentation
- Collaborating with other managers in the business, sometimes internationally, to ensure the smooth running of the company from a people perspective
- Managing Company's development & appraisal system
- Supporting Employee Relations - absence management, disciplinary, grievance
- Reward & Recognition – maintain & develop our pay plan & benefits programm
- International mobility – managing staff movement internationally, secondment policies etc
- Resource planning
- Manage & further develop our recruitment & selection processes
- Employment Legislation – advise accordingly, ensure adherence
- General day to day operational HR activities
- Maintain Health & Safety standards, ensure adherence to legislation & best practice
- Oversee our company Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives
- Nurture a positive working environment & culture
The Candidate Profile:
• Of graduate calibre & ideally CIPD qualified
• An experienced HR generalist & advocate of best practice.
• A pro-active professional who will quickly grasp the needs of our business & have the resilience required in an initially near stand-alone role.
• A good understanding of Employment Law is essential.
• People orientated, & results driven you will be an excellent communicator, presenter & active listener with a passion for continuous improvement.
• Ideally you will have previous experience gained from an high growth SME environment (100 people or less)
• Working knowledge of MSN Office - Excel & PowerPoint