Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing Ltd.
Role; Logistics & Customer Service Manager
Client: St Pierre Groupe Ltd
Location: Didsbury, South Manchester
Remuneration: Competitive salary plus bonus, phi, pension, 26 days annual holiday
Background to the role:
Do you want to be part of a rapidly expanding FMCG entrepreneurial business? One which encourages its employees to put forward ideas, be innovative and work as part of a team?
We are a fast-moving entrepreneurial business without the bureaucracy and formalities of the bigger corporate. We are customer focused, with a strong reputation for innovation.
The business has seen exponential growth, particularly over the past 4 years, having infiltrated the US markets and expanded the UK customer base.
We now have an impressive business plan for further growth, via new products and markets. As such we are now recruiting several key positions to facilitate that growth.
Reporting to the Head of Operations you will manage a busy team of 6
To ensure that our products are delivered to our customers and our 3PL warehouses efficiently, cost effectively and in compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Manage the import of our products from our suppliers in the EU to our customers and 3PL warehouses in the UK.
- Manage the export of our products from our suppliers and 3PL warehouses in the EU, Canada and UK to our world-wide customers.
- Deal with the complex issues that have been exacerbated by the UK’s departure from the EU. Ensure we are compliant with VAT and customs requirements in each country.
- Manage the Order to Delivery process for our entire customer base.
- Manage the performance of our 3PL warehouses in the UK. These warehouses are responsible for receipt, handling, storage, order picking and delivery.
- Develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements to ensure our logistics partners are performing to agreed standards.
- Monitor and control freight and warehousing costs. Run regular tender processes.
- Develop cost effective and efficient solutions, such as backhaul arrangements.
- Troubleshoot day to day issues that arise with customers and logistics partners.
- Drive improvement projects.
- Excellent track record in People management
- Strong experience of troubleshooting
- A good understanding of FMCG
- Experienced with managing 3PL’s
- Sound understanding of international trade and customs requirements.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to develop strong relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent Time Management skills