Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing Ltd.
Job Title: Senior Social Media Executive
Client: St Pierre Groupe Ltd
Location: Didsbury, South Manchester (M20 2LX)
Remuneration: Competitive salary plus bonus, pension, private health, 26 days annual holiday, flexible start time between 8 am - 10 am
The Senior Social Media Executive will be responsible for planning, creating and delivering a wide variety of social media content – both organic and paid – for St Pierre Groupe’s UK brands and corporate social media channels – including St Pierre (UK & US), Baker Street, Paul Hollywood and St Pierre Groupe.
Working within the Creative team – part of the wider Marketing department – the Senior Social Media Executive will also be responsible for working with a number of different teams, to ensure the latest updates, new products and listings, launches and other key activity are reflected in social media schedules and communicated to consumers and social followers at appropriate times. They will also be an integral part of the creative process, coming up with a regular stream of content including ideas for photography, video, graphics and animation.
The Senior Social Media Executive will also work with external partners (agencies, other brands, suppliers) to plan and co-ordinate social media activity, ensuring it is executed to the highest standards, as well as influencer activity and brand collaborations.
Key responsibilities include:
Social media / marketing research and content planning
- Attending monthly creative sessions and regular meetings with the Marketing/Creative teams and external agencies to develop ideas for always-on/campaign content, and keep up to date with the latest news regarding our brands/Groupe.
- Work with key team members in Creative, Marketing and the wider business to ensure content is aligned/planned ahead for our social media channels.
- Research social media content ideas ahead of each month, including social media posts, visuals (photography, video, graphics, animation), key events/awareness days.
- Planning paid social activity in line with key listings, offers and other promotional activity, as well as regularly assessing performance of paid social ads and targeting/audiences.
- Regular analysis of competitor content and proactively researching new formats and opportunities for our own social media channels.
- Work with external agencies to develop always-on monthly/campaign social media plans and content calendars.
- Working closely with the Creative team to plan visual content creation in-house each month.
- Working as part of the Marketing department to support all campaign activity throughout the year for our social media channels and marketing channels, as well as briefing relevant campaign activity into external agencies.
Social media content creation - brands
- Proofread social media copy for our brand channels, ensuring it fits with the brand’s tone of voice, as well as being accurate.
- Work closely with our Creative team on planning and executing in-house filming and photography shoots for social media content, as well as briefing in other visual content formats such as animations and graphics to internal team/external agencies.
- Work closely with Creative/Marketing teams to ensure content is suitable for our brands in line with look and feel / tone of voice guidelines.
- Identify opportunities to work with new individuals/companies, as well as organising/tracking key activity with influencers/brands such as influencer/UGC social content and competitions.
- Work with key Creative/Marketing teams on relevant brand activity affecting social media including merchandise, product samples, postage and other administrative tasks.
- Working closely with external agencies on any community management customer enquiries posted on our social media channels, reaching out to key internal departments to find suitable responses and resolve any issues, with support from the Marketing team.
Social media content creation - corporate
- Develop a social media planner for St Pierre Groupe corporate social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube), working with key teams/contacts across the business to ensure regular news and updates are factored in each month.
- Drafting corporate social media posts, ensuring tone of voice, content and spelling/grammar are of the highest standard.
- Work with the Creative team to brief in social media assets such as graphics, animations, photography and video where relevant for corporate social media posts.
- Schedule/publish monthly social media content on our Groupe channels using social media platforms/tools and Hootsuite.
- Monitor and respond to comments and messages on our Groupe social media channels, reaching out to key internal departments to find suitable responses and resolve any issues, with support from the Marketing team.
Social media performance and analysis
- Analyse the performance of our monthly always-on/campaign social media activity, for all brands and corporate channels.
- Update the social media analytics tracker with the latest monthly data, using this data to draft monthly reports to highlight brand and Groupe social media channel performance.
- Communicate the latest monthly social media reports internally with teams, as well as with relevant external agencies.
- Best practice: act as an expert within the business to help other departments with training and guidance on social media.
- Social media administration: file, save and label relevant social media content on our systems.
- Marketing team administration: order samples, props, backgrounds as required for in-house shoots.
- Other ad-hoc administrative tasks will be required by the wider Marketing team.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- At least 4-5 years of industry experience – ideally within an agency/in-house environment – working across several different brands/accounts, and working on different social media platforms, as well as organic and paid social media experience.
- Confident in understanding how to plan and create entertaining and engaging visual social media content for brands, as well as professional content for corporate social media.
- Experience in planning and understanding how to approach the creation of photography, video, graphics and animation content for social media channels, including experience in writing visual content briefs and storyboards.
- A high standard of copywriting and proofreading, with excellent written communication skills, a keen eye for spelling and grammar and strong attention to detail.
- Confident with working with numerous teams, external agencies and suppliers, as required, at a fast paced and working on several different projects at once.
- A good level of experience on social media channels, tools and analytics software, including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- A creative thinker with a proactive and self-motivating attitude.
- An organised individual who is able to plan ahead and keep documents and teams up to date with the latest information as required.
- An eye for what brands and competitors are sharing online and through their digital channels.
- An interest in the food and drink industry.
- An interest in existing and new social media channels, how they are being used and the opportunities they present.
- Confident with using such programmes as Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Outlook.
- Ideally some experience with social media/digital analytics platforms and software, as well as content management systems (CMS) – training will be provided.
No agencies please.