Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing.
Job Title: Research Grant Manager
Client: Edinburgh Instruments Ltd
Location: Livingston, West Lothian, Scotland
Remuneration: Attractive salary & benefits package
Background to the role: Due to our ongoing business growth we’re hiring a Research Grant Manager into a brand-new role to support our ambitious research and development program.
The role reports to the Finance Controller and works closely with our UK based research and development teams. The company is a highly profitable global technology business and forms part of a European group of Scientific Instrument manufacturers. The company also hosts the wider group’s global research and technology hub with over 75 engineers and application scientists on site where we have recently completed the acquisition and fit-out of two dedicated buildings.
As Research Grant Manager your remit will be to assist our R&D teams to secure the funding that will help us to develop and deliver innovative scientific instruments used for a wide variety of scientific and industrial applications across the globe.
Key responsibilities include:
- Setting appropriate external funding targets in line with R&D goals
- Securing of research grant funding through the identification and development of strategies to optimise grant administration processes in line with guidelines set by grant awarders and the operational and financial needs of the company
- Development of an extensive network of contacts and partnerships with relevant organisations and business structures and pro-active liaison with collaborators and funding bodies
- The review and restructure of our existing technical and financial information to fit grant requirements
- Preparation of progress reports, presentations, project finances and grant claims ensuring report submission deadlines are met
- Working closely with our scientists and engineers throughout the life cycle of the funded projects, proactively addressing issues and managing best outcomes
- Liaison with external tax advisors and effective management of our R&D tax credit position
Our new Research Grant Manager will be from a science/engineering background with a good understanding of various sources of finance available and a strong track record of securing research grant funding. In addition, your profile will include:
- A successful track record in the writing of research grant proposals
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline
- A proven track record in the technical, financial and management of research and development projects
- The ability to plan and execute work across multiple projects with various stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - verbal, written and presentation
- Excellent organisational skills
Success in this role will be measured by results. Exposure to accounting and tax rules is desirable but not essential.
Edinburgh Instruments Limited (EI) is a £20m turnover international market leader in molecular spectroscopy products. With a strong reputation for innovation and customer service and employing a highly skilled workforce of approximately 150 people we are based at our recently renovated campus in Livingston. EI was acquired by Techcomp Instruments in 2012 and its sales have tripled since then with an exciting pipeline of innovative new products to drive future growth. EI have an international distribution, supplier and customer base. As an employer we offer flexible working - start times (0800-1000 hrs daily). It’s a great place to work.