Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing.
Job Title: Commercial Accountant (for our US business division)
Client: St Pierre Groupe Ltd
Location: Didsbury, South Manchester
Remuneration: Circa £50,000 base salary plus excellent benefits package including bonus, pension, private health, 26 days annual holiday, flexible start/finish times
St Pierre Groupe Ltd is a fast moving entreprenuerial business. An international market leader in bakery products. Our business is booming in the US, UK and globally via our delicious brands - St Pierre, our fast growing global French bakery brand, along with our UK favourite brands of Baker St and Paul Hollywood.
Due to an internal promotion we now seek to recruit a Commercial Accountant to join the fnance team and support our US business. Our US business accounts for 54% of our tunover and is the fastest growing part of the business.
- To prepare, develop and analyse financial information to help the business to make well informed decisions.
- To turn data into insights and to be a visual storyteller.
- Analysis of sales & profitability across the US business using internal data & also external data provided by our distributors & retailers; and 3rd party purchased data.
- Management of the budgeting and forecasting process for the US business.
- Control of US profit margins and fixed costs.
- Preparation and development of an evolving monthly management accounts pack, which adapts to the requirements of the business.
- Effective communication of insights to all levels of the business, from members of the commercial team to the Board of Directors.
- Reporting writing with analysis of trends and variances.
- Development of Business Intelligence dashboards.
- Analysis and reporting of competitor activity.
- Occasional US business travel will be required (post restrictions)
The Person Specification
Education, Training and Qualifications:
- Professionally qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA); we will also consider Part-Qualified candidates with the right experience & personal attributes
Skills and Experience:
- A good understanding of modern management information systems
- Intellectually astute with strong commercial acumen
- A good track record in financial forecasting
- Experience working in international multi currency markets (advantageous)
- An excellent communicator who is comfortable interacting with the Board, Investors and our external stakeholders.
- Highly creative – you’ll enjoy working with data, data visualisation, dashboards etc. We seek a visual story teller with outstanding presentation, writing and reporting skills
- Strategic thinking
- A self-motivated team player with a proactive can-do attitude & ability to work at pace
- Very organized and able to multi task, analytical & results focused
No agencies please. Oakleigh Resourcing is exclusively retained to work with St Pierre Groupe on this assignment. Any CVs sent directly to the client will be forwarded on to Oakleigh Resourcing.