Status: Closed. No fiurther recruitment activity for this role.
Job Title: Sales Manager EEMEA region, Lab Products Group
Client: Techcomp Europe (TEU)
Location: UK HQ, Livingston, Scotland
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience plus excellent benefits package
Techcomp Europe (TEU) is part of the Hong Kong headquartered global Techcomp Instrument Ltd (TIL) Group, which consist of a group of scientific instrument manufacturing businesses. TEU has offices and production sites in multiple European countries. TEU UK HQ is based at our campus site in Livingston, Scotland where we have recently invested in our SME facilities.
Our Laboratory Products Group with commercial operations based in Livingston, Scotland is responsible for the sales and support of Techcomp Instruments’ general laboratory products into the Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa (“the region”).
This is a new role and will have specific countries and targets for primarily new business development in the region.
Within this region, we currently have gaps in our dealer coverage for the brands of Precisa, Froilabo, Edinburgh Sensors and Dynamica.
Utilising our existing channels and offices in Kazakhstan and Dubai plus the head office team in Scotland, the successful applicant will spearhead the drive to find new partners, reenergise existing partners and generate a sales pipeline and business in these markets.
Main duties will include:
The Sales Manager responsibilities will primarily focus on:
- Recruitment of new distribution partners
- Management of existing (primarily Precisa) distribution partners in specific territories.
- Assistance and co-ordination of activities and information with Scotland based marketing and product management team to share ideas and market intelligence.
- Support and communicate regularly with peers in the manufacturing operations in France, China and Switzerland
- Generate a sales pipeline and management of the Techcomp CRM database to provide visibility of opportunities and communications
- Provide support for tenders and opportunities with dealers in their markets
- Highly driven individual with a track record of over-achieving targets
- High degree of motivation and energy to generate new sales from initial opportunities
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- A good technical knowledge and level of understanding of analytical and life science environments and equipment required. With product training, capable of performing demonstrations and practical support to dealers and end-users.
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Outgoing personality with an eye for detail
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
- Self-disciplined and able to self-manage day to day activities
- Ability to travel regularly throughout the region. The expectation is that 50% of your time will be spent outside of the office visiting customers and distributors; however, it may be as high as 70%
- If you speak Arabic and/or French this will be advantageous 'in post' given your region, but is not essential.
Desired Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Scientific degree (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Environmental Science or similar). Candidates who do not have formal qualifications but have demonstrable experience in the industry and have a good understanding of laboratory environments and their applications will also be considered.
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment would be beneficial
- Experience of working in one or more of the countries in the region would be highly advantageous
- The Company can only process applications from candidates who possess a valid UK work permit and/or EU residency qualification.