Vacancy now closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing
UK Sales Manager – UKD & Edinburgh Sensors
For over 40 years, Edinburgh Instruments have been providing customers at leading-edge research institutes, academic and industrial facilities with high-end, high value scientific instrumentation. Products combine customisation, user-friendliness and high performance and are experiencing higher-than-ever demand worldwide.
The UKD and Sensors Division based in Livingston, Scotland is responsible for the sales and support of Techcomp Group General Laboratory products & Edinburgh Sensors. The territories covered are the UK and export markets primarily in Europe, Middle East & Africa.
Due to our continued growth and expansion, we are creating a new role to focus activity for the sales of Techcomp Group products into the UK market. We have already successfully initiated a direct sales presence in the UK with our Edinburgh Instruments and Scion business units and would look to emulate this with this new position and focus.
Salary & Benefits Package: A competitive salary is on offer with a performance related sales incentive scheme. Working in a friendly, supportive and informal working environment. In addition, a comprehensive range of benefits including flexible working week, paid sickness, permanent health insurance, pension scheme, death in service, private healthcare and subsidised gym membership are available to the successful candidate.
Main duties will include:
The UK Sales Manager responsibilities will primarily focus on:
- UK direct sales of weighing equipment and service contracts. Recruitment and support of distributors for one of our ranges
- Direct and distribution sales into the UK market of another of our brand ranges
- Sales Management and support of the Edinburgh Sensors business unit
- Support of other Techcomp business units with sales and opportunities into the UK Market.
- Supporting local Sales and Service operatives to maximise opportunities for Techcomp Group Products into the UK Market.
- Assist and help co-ordinate activities and information with UK peers across industry sectors and key customers and share ideas and market intelligence.
- Highly driven individual with a track record of over-achieving quotas.
- High degree of motivation and energy to generate new sales from initial opportunities
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- A good technical knowledge and level of understanding of analytical and life science environments and equipment required. With product training, capable of performing demonstrations and practical support to dealers and end-users.
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Outgoing personality with an eye for detail
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
- Self-disciplined and able to self-manage day to day activities
- Full, clean driving licence to facilitate independent and flexible travel through the UK for sales visits, demonstrations and support activities.
Desired Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Scientific degree (Chemistry, Physics, Biophysics or similar). Candidates who do not have formal qualifications but have demonstrable experience in the industry and have a good understanding of General Laboratory environments and their applications will also be considered.
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment would be beneficial
- Ability to communicate in either French or German would be advantageous to assist with communication with our French, German and Swiss Operations
- Proven sales experience, understanding the academic sales process, distributor management and support and end-user sales in a B2B environment.
- This role requires significant travel throughout the UK and occasionally internationally. The expectation is that 30% of your time will be spent outside of the office visiting customers and distributors; however, it may be as high as 50%
- Proven sales experience, understanding of capital equipment and sales processes within Academic and Industrial sectors.
- The Company can only process applications from candidates who possess a valid UK work permit and/or EU residency qualification.