Role: HR Manager (part time)
Client: St Pierre Groupe Ltd
Status: Permanent. Part-time equivalent of 3 days per week (which could be worked as a shorter week or shorter days)
Location: Didsbury, South Manchester
Remuneration: Competitive package including bonus, pension, private health, 26 days holiday
St Pierre Groupe is an adventurous love story between brioche, bread and brands. Our business is booming in the US, UK and globally via our delicious brands - St Pierre, our fast-growing global French bakery brand, along with our UK favourite brands of Baker St and Paul Hollywood.
Dynamic and innovative in approach, our business has experienced explosive growth in recent times and is an award winning and international market leader in the bakery sector. Our success is built around fantastic products and people. We now seek to welcome our first in-house HR Manager to build on the foundations already in place, and further develop an HR function to support our continued growth globally.
Headquartered in Didsbury, in our fabulous new offices, this is a great opportunity for an HR Manager looking for a standalone, high impact role with professional breadth..
Role & Responsibilities:
Reporting to our Managing Director, this is a brand-new role with end to end responsibility for all aspects of HR, duties include:
- Full audit of current HR practises
- Design & implement HR policies & procedures to protect the business and its people
- Resource planning
- Manage & further develop our recruitment & selection processes for all office, sales and business development roles
- Manage our induction process to enable new recruits to promptly integrate into the business
- Oversee our company Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives
- Maintain Health & Safety standards, ensure adherence to legislation & best practice
- International mobility – managing staff movement internationally, secondment policies etc
- Identification of training & development needs to drive high performance
- Reward & Recognition -maintain & develop our pay plan and benefits programme
- Employee Relations – absence management, disciplinary, grievance, sickness management etc
- Ensure we meet (and surpass) all Employment Law / Regulatory requirements
- General day to day HR activities
- Nuture a positive working environment
- Occasional UK & International travel may be required
- Of graduate calibre and ideally CIPD qualified
- Technically strong, an experienced HR generalist and advocate of best practice, with breadth of experience across all HR functions. (as per the role & responsibilities above)
- A self-starter, pro-active professional who will quickly grasp the needs of our business and have the resilience required in a stand-alone role.
- As functional leader you will further develop and transition HR to best support our business growth and our people.
- A strong understanding of Employment Law is essential.
- Our ideal candidate will have some previous HR experience gained from an SME environment. (eg. 100 people)
- Service and results driven, you will be an excellent communicator with a passion and energy for continuous improvement.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
St Pierre Groupe Ltd is a £90m turnover international market leader in bakery products. With a strong reputation for innovation and customer service; and growing quickly to 50+ employees our business model has all production and logistics outsourced. St Pierre Groupe has an international supplier and customer base. Our employer brand is also really important to us. Our gorgeous new offices are modern and open plan, with private parking and easy access by public transport. As an employer of choice, we offer a flexible start time between 8am-10am daily. It’s a great place to work.