Job Title: Procurement Manager
Client: St Pierre Groupe Ltd (formerly known as Carrs Foods International Ltd)
Location: Towers Business Park, Wilmslow Rd, Manchester M20 2RY
Remuneration: Circa £50k - £60k salary (depending on experience) plus excellent benefits package including flexible working
- To develop and execute new improved procurement strategies across all channels of purchasing, particularly sourcing of product, freight and warehousing.
- To manage product costs across the life cycle of each product. This includes negotiating initial costs, maximising logistics utilisation and monitoring / re-negotiating costs to reflect changes in input costs.
- Coordinate, monitor and actively engage in price negotiation, ensuring purchasing activity protects company margin and is controlled through applying cost analysis techniques.
- Actively track commodity prices, identifying opportunities to challenge suppliers for price reductions. Defend requests for price increases from suppliers.
- Assist with the provision of forecasts to suppliers.
- Assist with gathering data and implementation of supplier scorecards.
- Hold regular meetings with key suppliers to review forecasts and performance.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with suppliers.
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers and source new suppliers.
- Some European business travel will be required.
Education, Training and Qualifications
- CIPS qualified
- Degree/HND educated or equivalent
Skills & Experience:
- A successful track record in Procurement
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience includes using an intelligent and sensitive approach to developing long term supplier relationships
- Experience of working in an international organisation with an overseas supplier base
- IT literacy, including Intermediate eXCEL
- Food industry experience (Bakery industry experience advantageous)
- French speaker / multilingual
- Good communication skills - written & verbal
- Well organisaed with good attention to detail
- Positive and 'can do' attitude
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Good negotiating skills
- Flexible approach to tasks performed and hours worked
- Ability to work autonomously & collaboratively as part of a team
- Diplomacy, Tenacity & Results Orientated
- Highly analytical