Status: Closed - another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing
Job Title: Marketing Director
Location: South Manchester / Cheshire (close to M6 / M56 / M60)
Client: Food sector (successful bakery business (£37m t/o SME) specialising in European Bakery products)
Remuneration: £60,000 - £70,000 salary (depending on experience) plus benefits package
Role Purpose: As Marketing Director, you will join the Senior Management team and fully participate as a member of the Board. You will operate at the heart of our fast moving, entreprenuerial business and will be encouraged to contribute to general commercial issues in addition to having overall responsibility for developing and driving our end to end marketing activity:
- Strategic Development & Leadership
- Brand - Corporate, Category & Product
- Communications & PR
- Consumer Insight
- Team management & development
Reports to: Managing Director
Direct reports: Two - Marketing Manager & Marketing Assistant
- Strategic Development & Leadership
- Contribute as a senior leader and Board member to the success of the business.
- Create, develop, plan and implement a Marketing Strategy in line with our business growth, vision and aspirations.
- Evaluate the success of the marketing activity - ROI, progress, activity, goals. Reappraise our marketing tools to ensure competitor advantage
- Planning and Budget proposal & management
2. Brand Management
- Review, develop and manage our Corporate Brand
- Develop our individual brands (categories and products) - create & develop brand identities and positioning
- Work with the Account Managers to develop strategic brand plans to maximise commercial opportunities
3. Communications & PR
- Manage all external and internal marketing comms and PR activity
- Develop a comprehensive marketing comms and PR programme that will enhance our brands and our corporate profile.
- Trade comms and Media relations
- Further develop marketing literature
4. Consumer Insight
- Develop market insight planning process
- Ensure regular market research is carried out
- Statistical analysis / trends
- Maintain market research database
- Contribute to general commercial issues
- Marketing - develop our websites, define our online presence and integrate our social media with specific brand strategies
- Determine our presence at trade and consumer events, associations, conventions, conferences etc.
- Provide marketing support with events, launches, trade visits, customer presentations
8. Team management & development
- Create and maintain an environment that motivates and develops the marketing team.
Qualfications & Experience
- Degree qualified (Marketing) and professional membership of the CIM
- An experienced generalist Professional Marketer who has either led a function of a similar size or has operated as No 2 and is now ready to step up into the senior leadership role.
- Experience of 'end to end' Marketing - corporate, brand, product as per the job profile
- Good commercial acumen - keen to contribute to the wider commercial discussions
- Food sector experience essential. Bakery experience is advantageous but not essential
- Good time management skills - ability to prioritise, manage a multi dimensional workload, respond positively to pressure and delegate accordingly
- Financially astute
- Able to grow a function which will add value across the business
- Some experience of working in a European / International trading business would be beneficial
- Well developed IT skills
- An entreprenuer. A 'foodie'. With a keen eye to spot new product opportunities, markets and sectors
- Enjoys working in a fun and creative environment.
- Dynamic & Street Savvy with a high level of drive and energy. Credible at a senior level to inspire confidence.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Self motivated. A modern and empowering management style
- Highly analytical with an exceptional eye for detail whilst seeing the bigger picture
- Comfortable working in a non hierarchical culture
- Commercially astute and business partner
- Hands on and pragmatic
- A creative and innovative thinker.