Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing.
Job Title: Finance Director
Client: Food sector
Location: South Manchester / Cheshire
Remuneration: £50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience plus excellent bonus & benefits
Advise the MD and the Board on all matters relating to Finance to enable achievement of company growth ambitions and the business plan. Provide management accounting decision support and monitor, report on and control performance whilst ensuring full regulatory compliance. Plan, develop and lead the finance function so it supports the business, and future growth, enabling the company to provide a best in class service to its customers. The FD is a key member of the management team expected to be involved in and contributing to, this fast moving, entrepreneurial environment.
- Lead, motivate and develop the small Finance support team in line with Company growth plans, creating the finance capability needed.
- Lead the provision of accurate monthly management reporting to the Board. Provide timely information and advice to the Board as required enabling achievement of the business plans.
- Lead the tracking and analysis of sales performance to enable the Board to maximise customer profitability.
- Liaise with external tax advisors to minimise company taxation charge and ensure on-going compliance with taxation regulations.
- Liaise with external auditors and regulatory bodies.
- Ensure the provision of all accounting, financial reporting and accounting policy and procedures.
- Continually review and establish fit for purpose finance processes, procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate internal accounting controls.
- Review and recommend the Finance structure required to support Company growth.
- Identify key financial risks and ensure that effective systems of controls are in place throughout the Company to mitigate and/or manage them.
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulatory requirements applicable to the business and ensure that appropriate and satisfactory systems are in place to monitor compliance.
- Provide the Company's bankers with all information reasonably requested by them and ensure compliance with the terms of any banking facilities.
- Deploy the capabilities of the financial system to provide detail and analysis of overheads and to support effective business decision making.
- Manage foreign currency exposure.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level
- A recognised UK accounting qualification from either CIMA or ICAEW.
- A minimum of five years post qualification experience
- Must have either led the finance function of a business of similar scale and complexity as FD or Head of Finance or Financial Controller and / or acted as number two in the finance funtion of a larger entity and be ready to 'step up' into an FD role.
- Able to grow a function and re-engineer processes.
- Commercially pro-active - must be able to demonstrate excellent commercial judgement and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Some previous experience of working in a European / International trading business would be beneficial.
- Food sector and/or suppy to retail and/or B2B experience advantageous but not essential.
- Experience of working with Pegasus Opera would be advantageous. IT literacy essential.
- Dynamic & street savvy with a high level of drive and energy. Credible at a senior level to inspire confidence and project a professional image internally and externally.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills. Assertive but not confrontational.
- Self motivated and proactive. A modern, empowering management style.
- Highly analytical with an exceptional eye for detail whilst seeing the bigger picture.
- Comfortable working in a non hierarchical culture.
- Commercially astute and business partner.
- Hands on and pragmatic.