Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing.
Job Title: CEO
Client: Scion Instruments (part of the Techcomp Europe Group of Companies)
Location: Europe. Flexible. CEO will have a base location at one of the following sites: Goes, Netherlands or Livingston, Scotland or Milton Keynes, England; combined with home office working and business travel.
Salary: Six figure salary plus car allowance, bonus, pension, phi. (relocation assistance available)
Scion Instruments is a global scientific instrument manufacturer with operations in Holland, UK, Shanghai and Texas. Scion's parent, Techcomp Europe Ltd. acquired the ex-Varian Inc. Gas Chromotograph (GC) and Single Quadrupole Mass Spec (SQMS) assets from Bruker in November 2015 and created a business to support the Petrochemical, Environmental and Research markets. Under Varian, the GC systems were market leaders with an especially strong presence in the Petrochemical markets supplying complex GC analysers to meet a wide range of standard testing methods.
The operations are being re-located from California back to Europe with the HQ being established in Livingston, Scotland (located close to a Techcomp Europe sister company) ; a manufacturing and technical centre in Goes, Southwestern Holland (former Varian site); manufacturing in Shanghai (Techcomp Group) and North & South America sales and service activities based in Austin, Texas.
Job Purpose & Key Responsibilities:
The CEO will have overall responsibility for the Scion Instruments business unit - profitability, people and products:
- P&L responsibility
- Management Reporting - regular reporting of company performance to the shareholders.
- Strategic Development (commercial and product)
- Business Leadership & Change Management
- Resource Management
- Six direct reports (3 x Livingston; 2 x The Netherlands; 1 x Texas)
- Intellectually strong with a good degree in either a Scientific or Engineering discipline
- Post graduate qualification would be an advantage
- Good overall understanding of the scientific instruments industry
- General Management experience with previous P&L responsibility preferably of an instrumentation / similar sector business
- Experience with GC and MS during recent or earlier career
- Good understanding of the Chemical and Applied markets
- International experience
- Ability to provide strong leadership of all commercial, marketing, engineering, operations and financial activities
- An experienced people manager able to influence a dispersed team across different cultures
- IT literate
- Willing to undertake regular European business travel and ad hoc long haul as required
- Possess a Driving Licence
Business - Global Perspective; Commercial Awareness
Leadership - Accountable for Results; Influencing & Energising Others
Interpersonal - Collaboration & Teamwork; Information Sharing; Communication
Functional - Professional / Technical Excellence; Innovation