Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing
Role: Director of Finance and Operations
Client: To be advised
Reporting to: Convening Partner, with dotted line to Chairman
Location: Central London (plus requirement to travel to other locations including Finance and Operations office in Chippenham, Wiltshire)
Duration of job: Permanent
Remuneration: Six figure package
As a member of the Co Company Executive Committee, advise the Board on all matters relating to Finance and Operations to enable achievement of Company growth ambitions and Business Plan. Lead financial planning; provide financial decison support and monitor, report on and control financial performance whilst ensuring full regulatory compliance. Plan, develop and lead the Finance and Operations function (including IT) so it supports the growth of the business, enabling the Company to provide a world class service to its clients.
- As a member of the Co Company Executive Committee, lead, motivate, grow and develop the Finance and Operations team in line with company growth plans, creating the Finance and Operations capability needed to achieve the strategic plan.
- Produce and interpret management information, and manage the planning and forecasting cycles. Monitor performance against forecast and provide timely information and advice to the Board as required, enabling achievement of the Business Plan.
- Lead the tracking and analysis of company performance to enable the Board to optimise sales and revenue, client and project profitability, costs and cash-flow.
- Manage company tax affairs, optimising the company's position regarding tax, and ensuring ongoing compliance with taxation regualations.
- Mange Co Company's relationships with auditors, accountants, financial advisors and lenders. Ensure the company has the best partners and access to the best advice.
- Advise the Bord on all remuneration matter, including directors, employees and associates.
- Ensure the provision of all accounting, financial reporting and accounting policy and procedures.
- Manage Co Company's IT services.
- Continually review and improve finance processes, procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate internal accounting controls.
- Manage and continuously improve Finance and Operations (including IT) processes, structures and systems.
- Manage the delivery of all operational support (people and processes) to projects, directors and consultants ensuring the service is as efficient and cost effective as possible.
- Identify key operational and financial risks and ensure that effective systems of controls are in place throughout Co Company to mitigate and/or manage them.
- Ensure compliance with all financial, operational, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to the business and ensure that appropriate and satisfactory systems are in place to monitor compliance.
- Provide the Company's bankers with all information reasonably requested by them and ensure compliance with the terms of any banking facilities provided to Co Company.
Experience and qualifications:
- Eduated to degree level
- A recognised UK accounting qualification from either the ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales), ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) or CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants)
- A minimum of five years post qualified
- Must either have led the finance function of a business of similar scale and complexity, or acted as number two in the finance function of a larger (similar) entity
- Experience of running operations, preferably in a professional services environment
- Able to grow a function and re-engineer processes
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent commercial judgement and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
The Assessment Process:
The assessment process provides both parties with the opportunities to assess the cultural and team fit, individual and organisation aspirations, and details of key objectives and priorities for the role. Elaine Rippon is the retained consultant for this assignment.