Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing.
Role: Marketing Lead and Sales Support Manager
Client: Carrs Foods International
Location: South Manchester
Duration of job: Permanent
Remuneration: Up to £40,000 depending on experience, plus discretionary bonus and 26 days holiday
Context and Environment:
Carrs Foods is an award winnng supplier of European bakery products, bringing innovation across morning goods, bread and cakes. Within these categories, the company provides over 200 private label and branded products across the major multiples, symbol groups, independent retailers, wholesale cash and carry groups, the food sector and business to business markets in the UK, Australia and North America.
With a reputation for quality and reliability, gained over three decades of experience working within European bakery, Carrs Foods has been busy developing and taking on new brands - Baker Street, St Pierre and Gavottes are of particular significance. The company now needs to develop its marketing support for an international launch and ongoing exports.
- Website development and management - the company is looking to develop export specific areas of the site; for example, covering St Pierre launch in USA February 2014.
- Co-ordinating packaging development with outside designers / management team.
- Promoting brands using trade media; liaising with Brand Bank; attending photo shoots and maintaing photo library.
- Developin and implementing social media strategy.
- Management and evaluation of new product ideas coming into the business.
- Ensure taste panels are set up internally / externally and results fed back to the team.
- Evaluating opportunities commercially using costing models and feeding back to sales team.
- Market data/Trends/Gap Analysis.
- Trademark applications.
- Database management.
- An experienced product marketing professional preferring the pragamatic rather than high theory.
- Has a good understanding of marketing basics and beyond. Can work creatively and innovatively within an SME environment to develop a marketing function of strategic importance to the business.
- Understands (and can evaluate) the impact of marketing on an SME, and can blend their approach to strongly support sales and the wider business.
- Ability to evaluate data, develop commercial costing models, manage databases.
- Strong web understanding - overhaul, development, maintainenance, new technologies etc.
- IT literate / up to date with social media.
- Preferably with a background in food or, perhaps, a 'foodie' person. Bakery knowledge would be an additional advantage.
- Good communicator - written and verbal.
- Well organised with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Abiity to work well under pressure and with good attention to detail.
- Results orientated.
- Adaptable, with a 'can do' attitude.
- Of graduate calibre, preferably with Chartered Marketing status or equivalent.
- Up to £40,00 depending on experience
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual holiday (plus 1 day on your birthday!) + bank holidays
Hours of work
- Flexible hours available, but office based
The Assessment Process
- The initial discussions, first screenings will be with Elaine Rippon during November 2013.
- Further assessment of shortlisted candidates will take place during December 2013.
- The preferred candidate/s will be invited back for further discussions about the role and given the opportunity to meet the wider team. We aim to be in a position to make an offer to the successful candidate in December 2013.