Vacancy Status: Closed. Another successful assignment for Oakleigh Resourcing.
Role: Senior Operations Manager (Manufacturing)
Reporting to: Manufacturing Director
Client: Tata Steel Projects, West Cumbria
Remuneration: Substanial salary plus car allowance, bonus, pension, phi (relocation package available - considered on an individual basis).
Purpose: To lead and develop the Manufacturing Capability (people, skills, assets etc) to meet current and future manufacturing requirements.
Health, Safety & Environment & Safety
- Provide Safety Leadership and ensure that all manufacturing is delivered without harm to those involved and minimising the impact on the environment.
- Reporting and investigating Accidents, Incididents and Near Misses in line with company processes.
- Development and delivery of the Safety Improvement Plan on behalf of the Operations Director and TSP Board.
- Timely close-out of E, H, S&Q actions.
- Review and agree estimates fro Internal and External work.
- Develop/expand existing and new facilities to meet the future growth requirements.
- Review and agree Caiptal Investment plans and proposals to ensure they meet the future growth plans of the business.
- Cost Centre Management for the Manufacturing Cost Centre.
- Develop and implement the Manufacturing Improvement Plan.
- Develop the Manufacturing Skills Base to meet the future needs of the business (Succession Planning, Recruitment, Training, Apprentices etc).
- Industrial Relations Management and Workforce Engagement.
- Through strong leadership, setting and upholding high standards in relation to: Health & Safety; Quality, Environmental Management; Human Resource Processes and Procedures; Company Image; and Reputation.
- Leading the Manufacturing Teams to ensure high standards of cost effective work are delivered to Time, Cost and Quality as defined in the budget and work specifications.
- Planning and reporting of manufacturing activities.
- Identifying and reporting Asset Mangement/Maintenance issues and monitoring close-out of actions and repairs.
- Internal and External Customer interface.
- Any other duties as required.
Vision and Context:
This role is required to develop TSP's Manufacturing Capability to meet the need of current and future manufacturing contracts.
- All Internal Customers - to provide a focal point, meet their requirements, resolve conflict and help grow the business.
- All External Customers - to report progress, meet their requirements, resolve conflict and help grow the business.
- TSPW Senior Team - to report operational performance, opportunities and risks.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A working knowledge of Manufacturing (Fabrication, Machining and Assembly)
- Knowledge of Safe Management of Manufacturing Operations (Safe Systems of Work)
- Reporting Emergency Arrangements, Safety Audits and Intranet
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance/Control requirements and procedures
- Knowledge of risk assessment and environmental awareness
- Knowledge fo HR Processes and Procedures
- Strong Leadership and Communications Skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work well under pressure
- A team player capable of leading and focusing team members to achieve targets
- IT literate (SAP knowledge an advantage)
Leading a team of Operations and Manufacturing Managers (6), Technical Advisors (6-8), Supervisors (9), Craft and Semi-skilled (125-150).
Owner (on behalf of the Company) of Manufacturing Assets (Civil Assets, Manchine Tools, Cranes, Welding Equipment, Infrastructure etc).
- Availability of Primary Assets
- Performance agains budgeted hours and duration
- Safety - Leading and Lagging Metrics
- Quality - Defects and Re-work Metrics
- Workforce Strength v Forward Load
- Workforce Utilitisation